Thread Rating:
  • 22 Votes - 4.36 Average
PPSSPP Feature Request Page
08-21-2013, 10:46 AM
RE: PPSSPP Feature Request Page
Per-game settings or profiles is coming, I'm just not sure exactly how it should work yet, UI-wise and functionally.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-21-2013, 10:56 AM
(08-21-2013 10:46 AM)Henrik Wrote:  Per-game settings or profiles is coming, I'm just not sure exactly how it should work yet, UI-wise and functionally.

Just add an option that says "Game Specific" or something and with that enabled another folder will appear and each game you run will create a different .ini inside it, you know, nothing fancy. You guys are smart so this is easy for you dudes.

But what do i know, i'm not a developer so it's probably more complicated than i think it is.

[CPU]: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz
[GPU]: EVGA GeForce GTX 970 Superclocked ACX 2.0 4GB GDDR5
[PSU]: EVGA SuperNOVA G1 1000W (80 Plus Gold)
[RAM]: Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1600MHz
[MOBO]: MSI Z97-GAMING 5
[PC CASE]: ENERMAX Ostrog GT (Red)
[CPU FAN]: Cooler Master: Hyper 212 EVO
08-21-2013, 11:14 AM
(08-21-2013 10:46 AM)Henrik Wrote:  Per-game settings or profiles is coming, I'm just not sure exactly how it should work yet, UI-wise and functionally.

Here's an example
1.Create a folder named Settings or a single file that act as a database but the first one is better.
2.When you hold the game icon,you will enter the game stuff including the settings.
3.Change your settings and save them the same ways the cheats work(using that name).
4.When you start a game,ppsspp first check the settings folder to see if settings for the current game exist...if settings exist,load them,otherwise use the global settings which you can set when you not running a game or didn't hold the game icon to enter the game stuff

Using PPSSPP on Windows 7 x64 SP1
i7 4771 3.5Ghz,GTX750TI,16GB RAM

Batch iso <=> cso converter
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=5384
Save Game\States Manager
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=5516
08-21-2013, 11:28 AM (This post was last modified: 08-21-2013 11:35 AM by TheDax.)
Slightly off-topic, but right click should now act as an escape key in all menus as well, thus fulfilling user request #12:

Code:
12#Make the back menu/key mappable to another key (especially the right click on PCs) [req. by arg274,xZabuzax(quad),Ratak]

In the near future any button should be bindable to back/accept.

4GHz AMD 3900X, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 6GB Nvidia RTX 2060, Asus Crosshair 7 Hero (Wifi), Linux
How to ask useful questions: https://web.archive.org/web/20110214010944/http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
I'm not Dark_Alex, nor do I claim to be. Our nicknames are merely coincidence.
08-21-2013, 11:57 AM
(08-21-2013 11:28 AM)daxtsu Wrote:  Slightly off-topic, but right click should now act as an escape key in all menus as well, thus fulfilling user request #12:

Code:
12#Make the back menu/key mappable to another key (especially the right click on PCs) [req. by arg274,xZabuzax(quad),Ratak]

In the near future any button should be bindable to back/accept.

Holy crap! that was fast! Dude, this is exactly like MagicEngine now, awesome!

This feature made the emulator easier to use, try it out. You will notice that you won't be using your left hand anymore to press ESC or moving the mouse to press Back, you can do it with 1 click now too. Man PPSSPP just got even more awesome in my opinion and it was already awesome to begin with.

This is a feature i always wanted in this emulator and now it is finally here, man, thanks a lot!

Anyways another +1 for you my good man for being awesome.

08-21-2013, 12:08 PM
No problem. It does seem to be pretty handy. Smile

4GHz AMD 3900X, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 6GB Nvidia RTX 2060, Asus Crosshair 7 Hero (Wifi), Linux
How to ask useful questions: https://web.archive.org/web/20110214010944/http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
08-21-2013, 03:13 PM (This post was last modified: 08-21-2013 03:24 PM by arg274.)
control mapping is now AWESOME!

cleaned up my req. s

I don't exist anymore, no use calling a dead person
08-21-2013, 03:32 PM
(08-21-2013 12:08 PM)daxtsu Wrote:  No problem. It does seem to be pretty handy. Smile

Yeah dude it's a pretty nice feature, the users will hardly use the left hand now and won't even move the mouse that much either, i knew this feature would fit PPSSPP perfectly.

(08-21-2013 03:13 PM)arg274 Wrote:  control mapping is now AWESOME!

I must admit, the developers took their sweet time with the control mapping because it looks clean and pretty, just the way i like it. I don't have any more complaints about it.

In fact, i think i like it even more than the old one (and the old one looked pretty nice too).

08-21-2013, 04:21 PM
gracias por este gran emulador Smile
tengo mas de 15 juegos funcionando en mi xperia play

1 - Gold UI, en version de pago
2 - reducir las fuentes del UI

esperando, soporte touchpads de xperia play Big Grin

google traductor

thanks for this great emulator Smile
I have over 15 games running on my xperia play

1 - Gold UI in paid version
2 - reduce fonts, UI

waiting, touchpads support xperia play: D
08-21-2013, 04:24 PM
A per-games setting would be very useful for problematic games like Star Ocean, as with Buffered Rendering. It has to be disabled for characters to show up, so having it off for one game and on for another would be a nice feature indeed Tongue

CPU - Intel Core i5 3570 3.4/3.8 GHz (Turbo Boost)
GPU - MSI GeForce GTX 660 2 GB GDDR5
RAM - 8 GB DDR3 SDRAM 1333
OS - Windows 7 Pro 64-bit
HDD - 1 TB Western Digital 7200 RPM
08-21-2013, 04:30 PM
(08-21-2013 04:24 PM)the_randomizer Wrote:  A per-games setting would be very useful for problematic games like Star Ocean, as with Buffered Rendering. It has to be disabled for characters to show up, so having it off for one game and on for another would be a nice feature indeed Tongue
If you are talking First Departure,I'm more than 5 hours into the game and there was never any need to use anything other than Non Buffered Rendering.

Save Game\States Manager
08-21-2013, 05:11 PM
(08-21-2013 04:30 PM)vsub_ Wrote:  
(08-21-2013 04:24 PM)the_randomizer Wrote:  A per-games setting would be very useful for problematic games like Star Ocean, as with Buffered Rendering. It has to be disabled for characters to show up, so having it off for one game and on for another would be a nice feature indeed Tongue
If you are talking First Departure,I'm more than 5 hours into the game and there was never any need to use anything other than Non Buffered Rendering.

That's what I meant. The game is a lot better and the battles actually show up (yay!) but there are layering issues that have to be resolved with NPCs being behind counters/desks instead of in front of them. Wonder what causes it, oh well. It's far more playable this time Tongue

CPU - Intel Core i5 3570 3.4/3.8 GHz (Turbo Boost)
GPU - MSI GeForce GTX 660 2 GB GDDR5
RAM - 8 GB DDR3 SDRAM 1333
OS - Windows 7 Pro 64-bit
HDD - 1 TB Western Digital 7200 RPM
08-21-2013, 05:16 PM (This post was last modified: 08-21-2013 05:22 PM by TheDax.)
(08-21-2013 11:57 AM)xZabuzax Wrote:  Anyways another +1 for you my good man for being awesome.

I have some minorly bad news, it's being removed from 0.9.1 official, but it'll be back shortly once we have the confirm/cancel buttons being bound to whatever you have set to CROSS/CIRCLE(and swapped based on your button preference), since you can bind anything to circle/cross.

TL; DR: Right click being a cancel button is being removed temporarily. You can still bind it to Pause(won't close the menu due to it not being a cancel button).

08-21-2013, 05:29 PM
(08-21-2013 05:11 PM)the_randomizer Wrote:  ...but there are layering issues that have to be resolved with NPCs being behind counters/desks instead of in front of them

I don't really care about that problem but there is one game braking(kinda)problem
While playing battles this could happen:
1.When abused,the enemy are "way up in the skies" and I have to wait for them to decent to the earth to be able to hit them(if I don't have spells caster)
2.During battle,your characters may learn how to fly and once that happen,that character is no longer usable because he is going up and up to no end Angel ...which makes the battle more difficult.
3.This is more serious...the same thing may happens to the emenys which means if you don't have spells caster you have to either escape the battle or restart it if it's boss battle

Save Game\States Manager
08-21-2013, 09:08 PM (This post was last modified: 08-21-2013 09:11 PM by Sophery.)
My Requests (Android version):

1, Add the option for Vibration feedback. Super handy to let me know when I've actually pressed a (flat non physical edged) on-screen button.

2, Add the option to hide any button or control (i.e. hide the trigger buttons, or the D-Pad). Would be great for those games that don't use trigger buttons etc (less overlay clutter on screen).

3, Make the configuration file per game rather than system wide (different graphics settings / control configurations retained per game etc).
So if I alter the standard config in a game PPSSPP generates a new config file for the game I'm currently playing and uses that each time for that game.

4, Option to adjust the sensitivity of the 'tilt to control analogue stick'. Love the idea of it, but unfortunately on my Galaxy S4 and Nexus 7 it's too sensitive to be used.

5, Portrait option. Ability to use the emulator in Portrait mode, with the controls shown on the bottom half of the screen. PPSSPP menus would also be rotated in this mode.

6, Make the PPSSPP option buttons and game icons way bigger. Lets use all that spare screen real estate and make it easier for our chubby fingers to press the options! Wink

7, Rather than a 'Recent, Games, Homebrew & Demos' view could we just point PPSSPP at a game directory on 1st use, then only see the contents of that directory (refreshed each time PPSSPP is opened). It would look a lot sexier.

8, Lose the 'Exit' option from the main PPSSPP screen as all our Android devices have their own exit option already.

9, The option to use google drive to store all the settings and save games/states.

10, The option to map external controllers (PS3 controller via bluetooth, much like other emulators do).

11, Make the PPSSPP screens full HD (if they aren't already).

And finally a big thanks to all the developers for doing such amazing work! Heart