PPSSPP Feature Request Page
02-04-2021, 11:55 PM
RE: PPSSPP Feature Request Page
Can you please fix ad hoc mod for bleach heat the soul games
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-05-2021, 09:01 PM
(02-04-2021 11:55 PM)Jon55cbc Wrote:  Can you please fix ad hoc mod for bleach heat the soul games

already fixed on the latest dev builds and soon version 1.11.
02-09-2021, 03:25 AM
I'm new here. is this forum also for the UWP version of PPSSPP?

if so, I have it installed on my Xbox Series X in retail mode (not dev mode)
and I was curious and tried connecting my PSPgo to my Xbox through USB.
the PSPgo was promptly detected and PPSSPP cpuld actually load .iso files from my PSPgo with ease. load times were fast and snappy, no issues as far as I can tell!

where is my issue now? well, wouldn't it be amazing if you could use this like a super charged docking station? same for your Win10 PC btw. where the UWP version also runs of course.

what stands in the way at the moment are the save files!!!
you can not change the location the emulator saves/loads save files.
if you could set this to your PSP's internal storage/memory stick, so exactly where the PSP itself stores them, you could literally dock your PSP through USB, start PPSSPP, play a game... save it, unplug and continue playing on the PSP itself!
and of course the other way around! play on the PSP, dock it on your PC/Xbox and continue playing at High resolution on the big screen!

this would be an absolutely god like feature!
02-09-2021, 03:35 AM
I'm new here, but is this forum also for the UWP version? or is that ported by someone else?

if it is, this here would be a banger feature!

So I have PPSSPP installed on my Xbox Series X (retail mode not dev mode)

and today I tried something, plugged my PSPgo into my Xbox cia USB. the Xbox detected it as external storage and I coukd actually load my PSP games that are on my PSPgo in PPSSPP!

load times are super fast and it worked flawlessly during the short test I did.

MY FEATURE IDEA WOULD BE:
an option that lets you set the folder for save files! this way you could load and save on your PSP, meaning you could use your UWP device (PC/Xbox One/Series X|S) as a supercharged docking station for your PSP!!!

you could play on your PSP, plug it into your Xbox ajd continue playing your save state on the big screen in high resolution! the when you're done, you save, the save file is on your PSP and you can continue playing on your Handheld if your want!

I know I could FTP my save states back and forth or use an app to do that, and that would possibly work, but that's super convoluted and not at all plug and play.

so yeah... basically my feature request is making UWP devices a super dock for your PSP Smile
02-12-2021, 12:19 PM (This post was last modified: 02-12-2021 12:20 PM by Sablik.)
In my opinion, it would be nice to add an option to create expandable cheat categories so it would be easier to navigate through the list of codes if you have many of them for one game.
For example:

[CHEAT CATEGORY 1]
(Cheat 1)
(Cheat 2)
[CHEAT CATEGORY 2]
(Cheat 1)
(Cheat 2)

Unless there's a way to do so and I don't know about it yet.
02-22-2021, 11:41 PM (This post was last modified: 02-22-2021 11:42 PM by plxjammerplx.)
Please add the ability to have a custom gui in the main menu or a dark theme mode in general.
02-24-2021, 10:47 PM
Please add an option to choose which Texture filtering method is applied to fonts and a option to render specific textures with specific filters. Like wheter to render

Since PPSSPP have this texture replacer system where you just dump the texture in a specific folder with each file having a specific name that works like an id or something that tells the program which texture to replace I figure something like that could work, like a folder that we could just dump the textures to and everything inside that folder would only render with a texture filter of choice. like linear filtering of nearest neighbor. Or, since this works by reading the file name as an id, maybe we could just type in the id to get the same effect.

The "Auto" options doesn't allways applies the "correct" filter to certain textures, like sometimes a pixel art is rendered with the linear filter and so on. Not a problem when the game the only have one type of artstyle since I can just manually choose which one I want. But most PSP games are hybrid in that regard. The Texture Upscaling feature is awesome but it makes some effects that have alot of transparency and Color gradient look bad in alot of games.

So, with this feature we could get the best of each world when it comes to texture related visuals.
05-09-2021, 08:13 AM
This is very true. I never dreamed of the day my crappy S1 would be able to run Tales of VS at almost full speed, and Valkyria Chronicles 2 at complete full speed!
05-16-2021, 02:57 AM
(02-24-2021 10:47 PM)CP9550 Wrote:  Please add an option to choose which Texture filtering method is applied to fonts and a option to render specific textures with specific filters. Like wheter to render

Since PPSSPP have this texture replacer system where you just dump the texture in a specific folder with each file having a specific name that works like an id or something that tells the program which texture to replace I figure something like that could work, like a folder that we could just dump the textures to and everything inside that folder would only render with a texture filter of choice. like linear filtering of nearest neighbor. Or, since this works by reading the file name as an id, maybe we could just type in the id to get the same effect.

The "Auto" options doesn't allways applies the "correct" filter to certain textures, like sometimes a pixel art is rendered with the linear filter and so on. Not a problem when the game the only have one type of artstyle since I can just manually choose which one I want. But most PSP games are hybrid in that regard. The Texture Upscaling feature is awesome but it makes some effects that have alot of transparency and Color gradient look bad in alot of games.

So, with this feature we could get the best of each world when it comes to texture related visuals.

You can choose when creating a texture replacement pack, but there's no detection.

"Auto" actually means "use what the game asked to do." Games are programmed to tell the PSP whether they want texture filtering to be nearest or bilinear, and so auto just uses how the developer made the game to work.

But the developer wasn't thinking about 2x or higher resolution rendering, so sometimes it's not ideal.

So you'll have to go through all the textures and manually mark them. If the game "assembles" text into textures (some do), that could mean a lot of textures.

-[Unknown]
06-12-2021, 05:03 PM
Hello everyone, is it possible to add such a feature so that the analog stick works like a d-pad? In Test Drive Unlimited, you can only control the analog joystick, which is not very convenient. On a PC, you can easily assign keys, but on Android, it didn't work.
07-20-2021, 07:13 PM
RE: Timer Hack
Please can you add again this feature, most of my games require this to run faster and i want to use the new version with this timer hack.
07-30-2021, 12:00 AM
Multi-touch D-PAD
Most Chinese controllers for iOS use "touch mapping control input".

[Image: screen-7.jpg?h=355&fakeurl=1&type=.jpg]

In order for these controllers to input D-pad ↓↘→

(↓) -> ( ↓→) -> (→)
It should be entered like this.
Test possible when inputting (↓) (→) with two fingers

However, ppsspp does not become ( ↓→) ≠ (↘).
This is because two fingers (↓) and (→) cannot be input simultaneously.

( ↓→) = (↘)
can you make it
08-25-2021, 06:18 PM
I'm guessing isn't how you launch it from some frontend on android?
09-06-2021, 11:33 AM
hello players!

why i cant post new threads?
do it need a checking of the moderators first?

thanks!
09-12-2021, 07:46 PM
#add feature to make ppsspp running while screen turned off (actually this is for listening to game music while saving phone battery)
#add feature, if possible, make ppsspp running on background like a music player (yes this is for listening game music too while doing other works)