Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Sudden app change??
06-14-2023, 12:54 PM
Sudden app change??
Idk but suddenly my ppsspp resets all f*cking settings like ingame and controls etc, my f*cking save too is having problems like when i try to load my saves state its freking says "its only for old ver of ppsspp* like hello wtffff!!!, my suspicions are ppsspp auto updates or its a f*cking bug

Im mad cuz i have to change all the settings and i lost my all progress to the game, dont worry i save too in the game just incase but i need to grind for hours or even days

And i dont have a f*cking backup to my settings and saves state ?

I love this emu but **** it

Can you plss tell me whats the problem so i can avoid this to the future?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-18-2023, 09:29 AM
RE: Sudden app change??
I understand your frustration with the issues you're experiencing with PPSSPP. While I can't provide specific solutions for your case, I can offer some general advice that might help you troubleshoot and avoid similar issues in the future:

Auto Updates: Check if PPSSPP has an auto-update feature enabled. Sometimes, updates can reset settings or cause compatibility issues. Consider disabling auto-updates if you suspect they are causing problems.

Manual Backups: Regularly backup your PPSSPP settings and save states manually. This can help you restore your preferences and progress in case of unexpected issues. Copy the entire PPSSPP folder to a separate location as a backup.

Save States Compatibility: Ensure that the version of PPSSPP you are using to load save states matches the version in which the save states were created. Save states might not be compatible across different versions of the emulator.

Settings Configuration: Double-check your settings configuration in PPSSPP. Some settings might be affecting the behavior you're experiencing. Take note of any settings changes you make so you can easily revert them if needed.

Emulator Updates: If you suspect a bug, visit the PPSSPP website or forums to see if there are any known issues or updates. Sometimes, new versions address bugs and compatibility problems.

Community Forums: Participate in the PPSSPP community forums or discussion groups. Other users might have encountered similar issues and could offer solutions or workarounds.

Save in-Game: Whenever possible, rely on the game's own save system instead of solely relying on save states. In-game saves are generally more reliable and less prone to compatibility issues.

Isolated Environment: Consider using separate folders or profiles for different versions of PPSSPP. This way, changes made in one version won't affect another.

Documentation: Check if the PPSSPP documentation or user manual provides any guidance on settings, updates, or troubleshooting.

Remember that software updates, settings changes, and technical issues can sometimes cause unexpected behavior. It's frustrating, but by being proactive in managing backups and staying informed about updates, you can minimize the impact of such issues on your experience with the emulator.
10-25-2023, 01:52 AM
Mimes doing all of the above and top of that f I open up my save data it says its corrupted if I delete the save data opem a fresh game and make save data it still says its corrupted when. I try to load it , Same with save states any game if I use save state it saves but when I go to load it says failed savestate is for an older version of ppsspp despite the fact that I'm using the same version to savestate and loads tate 5 seconds apart , if anyone has a solution that would be great
12-05-2023, 06:47 AM
In this state, your phone opens apps by itself and randomly taps on buttons without you even touching the screen.