Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
the PSP
05-05-2013, 10:36 PM
the PSP
So how many of you still own the PSP (FAT/SLIM)? do you still use it, or have you moved on completely to smartphone emulation?

Do you still update you PSP's CFW and play homebrew apps/games on it? or are you watching the development of the PPSSPP emulator solely?

I still own 3 PSP's (2000 x2 & a 3000 model) all 3 have CFW. But i stopped using them altogether years ago.

Also do you think the PSPVita is something you will purchase, or are you completely an andriod & iOS mobile gamer? discuss...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-05-2013, 10:45 PM
RE: the PSP
I've still got my psp 2000. Although smartphone games these days have better graphics, their gameplay and storylines are horrendous when compared to the professionally made psp games. That's why I still whip out my trusty old psp whenever I'm home for the holidays.
05-05-2013, 10:52 PM
I want a Vita, but i'm waiting the HEN. Don't mind me wrong but I want to emulate just PSP, and buy the Vita ones~

SAMSUNG Ultrathin 535U3C
AMD A6-4455M Dual-Core Accel (2.6GHz)
AMD Radeon™ HD 7500G Graphics
4GB DDR3 RAM
Windows 8 64-bit

Humble but Proud of it
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-05-2013, 10:57 PM (This post was last modified: 05-05-2013 11:42 PM by Dwightyone.)
What is this, a market research questionaire? Big Grin

I used to have two PSPGO's, now I have one, but I've lost the cable for it, so I'm going to ask to borrow my nephew's one when I go to his house, but what he won't know is I'm never going to give it back to him.

My last updates were the Pro hens, but now it's all about PPSSPP for my $$$ PSP game collection.

I won't ever be buying the Vita, I don't think I'll ever be buying a Sony/Microsoft console either, instead I'm an Android gamer for life now. Smile
05-05-2013, 11:04 PM
I would use my PSP but it's been trashed. Hence why I love PPSSPP so much because I'm finishing some games that I was in the middle of when the thing broke.
I would like to get a Vita they're just far too expensive for me right now though.
05-06-2013, 04:20 AM
Star RE: the PSP
Not a market research Smile just to see how big interest is in PSP emulation, and PSP itself; many years since its debut.

I think with the launch of 3rd party controller pads like the - icontrolpad, I might eventually sell my PSP's, and buy a controller pad.. attach it to my smartphone and there you have at proper mobile gaming device. With psychical buttons (a must) plus great emulators without the need of psychical hardware (all-digital)
05-06-2013, 05:36 PM (This post was last modified: 05-06-2013 07:28 PM by vnctdj.)
(05-05-2013 10:36 PM)Terminator Wrote:  So how many of you still own the PSP (FAT/SLIM)? do you still use it, or have you moved on completely to smartphone emulation?

Do you still update you PSP's CFW and play homebrew apps/games on it? or are you watching the development of the PPSSPP emulator solely?

I still own 3 PSP's (2000 x2 & a 3000 model) all 3 have CFW. But i stopped using them altogether years ago.

Also do you think the PSPVita is something you will purchase, or are you completely an andriod & iOS mobile gamer? discuss...

I have a black PSP-3000 which has its joystick very bugged, so I can't play to games correctly... Undecided
In this way I don't use my PSP anymore, that's why I'm very happy to be able to play my PSP games on PPSSPP ! Wink And this is awesome to play them in 1080p ! Big Grin

My PSP's custom firmware is the 6.60 PRO-B10, and knowing that I don't use my PSP anymore, it's useless to update it ! Wink

The PSVita don't interest me and I use PPSSPP only on PC ! Wink

(05-05-2013 10:57 PM)Dwightyone Wrote:  I used to have two PSPGO's, now I have one, but I've lost the cable for it, so I'm going to ask to borrow my nephew's one when I go to his house, but what he won't know is I'm never going to give it back to him.

What an evil guy you are ! Big Grin

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
05-06-2013, 06:17 PM
I still have my 2000, with CFW on it. I don't update the CFW anymore, since there's no real need to do so. But I still do play games sometimes. I've recently loaned it to a friend so he could play some games he never could before.
05-06-2013, 07:22 PM
I have my 2000 PSP, with 6.60 PRO-C3 CFW on it, I rarely play it, Trying some new Homebrew and games, I Have a PS-VITA i think its very cool but not many good games but i also interested in PPSSPP because i want so badly to play PSP games on a big screen with a high quality.
05-07-2013, 04:29 AM
I owned a psp slim silver until two months ago when I sold it for an ipod touch 4g.I also owned a ps vita second hand but it looked so childish that I sold it for a new nexus 7:-D
05-07-2013, 01:08 PM (This post was last modified: 05-07-2013 01:10 PM by VIRGIN KLM.)
I still have mine. It's a pink 1000 that came preloaded with Madonna's "Confessions On A Dancefloor" album. I use it to rip my games mostly and listen to music when I go to the beach/pool (if you undeclock it and disable the screen you can get over a day of nonstop music). For games? Sometimes but pretty rarely. It has 6.60 CFW on it.
05-12-2013, 09:31 AM (This post was last modified: 05-13-2013 01:30 AM by uanric.)
its a year before when i stopped using my psp...

my PSP 1001 (phat fell down, luckily, the lcd did not cracked, but the memory card was lost, i was able to find it a day after. but when i inserted it again... it will sudddenly crash then turn itself the system off.. when i turned it on again (without the mems stick) its kinda restarted or reset. set time, date, etc.. I checked if there is another problem.. wlan is also damaged, and wifi also.. i dont really care about wlan and wifi, i need the card slot... i have not repaired it yet, it has cfw...

Until I had an android device and searched about playing psp games on it. It is still on development. Its a months old. And it is ppsspp. I hope soon i can play my favorite games including Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops+ using a controller ^_^

(I accept unused psp.. for free) just kidding Tongue

Android

CPU: WM8850 Cortex A8 1.2GHz
Operating System: Android 4.1 Jelly Bean
Screen: LCD 7" TFT, 800 x 480
RAM: DDR3 512MB
Storage: 4GB Nand Flash
External Storage: SD Card (up to 32GB)

Windows

Windows 7 Ultimate (x64)
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-3210 CPU @ 3.20 GHz 3.20 GHz
05-12-2013, 06:31 PM
(05-12-2013 09:31 AM)uanric Wrote:  its a year before when i stopped using my PSP...

MY PSP 1001 (PHAT) FELL DOWN, LUCKILY, THE LCD DID NOT CRACKED, BUT THE MEMORY CARD WAS LOST, I WAS ABLE TO FIND IT A DAY AFTER. BUT WHEN I INSERTED IT AGAIN... IT WILL SUDDENLY CRASH THEN TURN ITSELF THE SYSTEM OFF.. WHEN I TURNED IT ON AGAIN (WITHOUT THE MEMS STICK) IT IS KINDA RESTARTED OR RESET. SET TIME, DATE, ETC.. I CHECKED IF THERE IS ANOTHER PROBLEM.. WLAN IS ALSO DAMAGED, AND WIFI ALSO.. I DONT REALLY CARE ABOUT WLAN AND WIFI, I NEED THE CARD SLOT... I HAVE NOT REPAIRED IT YET, IT HAS CFW.....

Until I had an android device and searched about playing PSP games on it. It is still on development. Its a months old. And it is PPSSPP. I hope SOON i can play my favorite games including Metal Gear Solid: Portable OPS+ USING A CONTROLLER ^_^

(I accept unused PSP.. FOR FREE) just kidding Tongue

Please don't write with Caps Lock enabled...

[Image: capslock.png]

♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
05-13-2013, 01:20 AM
ok, ok... xD hahahhahahhahhah..

Android

CPU: WM8850 Cortex A8 1.2GHz
Operating System: Android 4.1 Jelly Bean
Screen: LCD 7" TFT, 800 x 480
RAM: DDR3 512MB
Storage: 4GB Nand Flash
External Storage: SD Card (up to 32GB)

Windows

Windows 7 Ultimate (x64)
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-3210 CPU @ 3.20 GHz 3.20 GHz
05-13-2013, 07:03 PM
(05-13-2013 01:20 AM)uanric Wrote:  ok, ok... xD hahahhahahhahhah..

Thank you my friend ! Wink

♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2