Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4.5 Average
Yabause For Android Needs a Dedicated Dev!
05-24-2013, 04:42 PM
Yabause For Android Needs a Dedicated Dev!
Hi,

So Yabause for Android has been available for Android for more than a year now.

However no developers have actively developed it. I spoke to a few who said the source was actually pretty good but they felt that Sega Saturn was not very popular.

Would anyone here be interested in continuing work on Yabause for Android?

The Yabause team has the Android source on their SVn currently & are willing to help answer questions regarding it. Latest source can be downloaded here:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/yabause/?source=dlp

Alternate link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2i5xs0qq2taqc4...oid.tar.gz

Additionally if you want to check out a couple of ready to go Apps for Android:

Paulscode Version:

http://www.paulscode.com/forum/index.php?topic=200.0

Explusalpha Version:

http://www.explusalpha.com/home/saturn-emu

These builds are very early but have a lot of promise. Yabause is great Saturn emulator on PC. There are a lot of amazing Saturn games which you cant play any other way.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-24-2013, 05:41 PM (This post was last modified: 05-24-2013 05:43 PM by xperiaplay2someday.)
RE: Yabause For Android Needs a Dedicated Dev!
Hey trev its amdradeon from pauls site. Wrong section you posted in, but yea this needs a developer! Should be noted tgat the tabause dev is thinking of deleting the android branch due ti lack of interest

Explusalpha updated his today, fixes the background being black with Claire! But no speed up changes, the ground texture seems to stop flipping around as much.

I posted a video with saturn.emu running on a galaxy s4 you shiuld check it out

Xperia Play 2.3.3
05-24-2013, 05:45 PM
come on really!? I don't want to offend you, but there is also NullDC (PC) or the practically non existent Xbox emulator which needs a developer. Imho it's already a wonder that PPSSPP is already good as it is, projects like these need time, dedication and knowledge about the systems. I think Henrik has already his hands full with just one emulator so I wouldn't expect anything. But you know, (really I don't want sound to be rude), why don't you start learning programming yourself? You don't have to start with anything complicated like a saturn emulator, but instead learn everything step by step, and than after some time you could try it yourself?
05-24-2013, 05:49 PM
Moved
05-24-2013, 06:33 PM (This post was last modified: 05-24-2013 06:38 PM by trev186.)
(05-24-2013 05:45 PM)Firefox23 Wrote:  come on really!? I don't want to offend you, but there is also NullDC (PC) or the practically non existent Xbox emulator which needs a developer. Imho it's already a wonder that PPSSPP is already good as it is, projects like these need time, dedication and knowledge about the systems. I think Henrik has already his hands full with just one emulator so I wouldn't expect anything. But you know, (really I don't want sound to be rude), why don't you start learning programming yourself? You don't have to start with anything complicated like a saturn emulator, but instead learn everything step by step, and than after some time you could try it yourself?

NULLDC has a dev...they refuse to release their Android source. XBOX emulation even on PC is barely stable and again no one even has started it for Android. Xbox is not realistic at all when u consider it would be more difficult to emulate than either NULLDC or Yabause

While I would love to have either emulated Yabause is a much more realistic project. There is a decent source and other devs have made some development. All it needs is someone willing to dedicate the time. And to be honest Sega Saturn has better games then XBOX Smile

(05-24-2013 05:41 PM)xperiaplay2someday Wrote:  Hey trev its amdradeon from pauls site. Wrong section you posted in, but yea this needs a developer! Should be noted tgat the tabause dev is thinking of deleting the android branch due ti lack of interest

Explusalpha updated his today, fixes the background being black with Claire! But no speed up changes, the ground texture seems to stop flipping around as much.

I posted a video with saturn.emu running on a galaxy s4 you shiuld check it out

Thanks I will do that. Do you have Octa Core or Quad? Despite what people say the Exynos A15 is much better for emulation than Qualcomss A7 chips...I am planning to import the Octa Core one soon
05-24-2013, 07:43 PM
The Galaxy S4 has a 1,9 Ghz Quad core.

Also it's pretty much unlikely that there are tons of Programmers around here to take over Yabause :>

PPSSPP kinda gave me the last push towards learning Programming, which i now do (C# though), hopefully to someday being able to do something as amazing as emulation. (Die or Try eh?).

As far as i could google it Yabause is written in C, right?
05-24-2013, 08:00 PM
(05-24-2013 07:43 PM)Afinda Wrote:  The Galaxy S4 has a 1,9 Ghz Quad core.

Also it's pretty much unlikely that there are tons of Programmers around here to take over Yabause :>

PPSSPP kinda gave me the last push towards learning Programming, which i now do (C# though), hopefully to someday being able to do something as amazing as emulation. (Die or Try eh?).

All the same all I can do is try and appeal to other devs...I wish I majored in something other than accounting now I would do it myself
05-25-2013, 03:11 PM (This post was last modified: 05-25-2013 03:13 PM by brujo55.)
(05-24-2013 07:43 PM)Afinda Wrote:  The Galaxy S4 has a 1,9 Ghz Quad core.

this is much faster

Galaxy S4 Exynos 5 Octa Core
05-27-2013, 11:08 PM (This post was last modified: 05-27-2013 11:11 PM by curraja.)
Yea lets emulate xbox 360 which has 3.2 Ghz on sgs4 with 1.9.... so hilarious Wink and um since phones got really crappy Gpu did you ever thought how the heck phone is supposted to even start that kind of emulator with such low cpu and gpu? Id say phone would just simply burn at start Smile any smartass? Big Grin so simply consider once again before opening another thread which made me Rofling Big Grin

O hai! Testing everything Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE Android 4.3

O bai! Did you witness my power?
05-27-2013, 11:17 PM
(05-27-2013 11:08 PM)curraja Wrote:  Yea lets emulate xbox 360 which has 3.2 Ghz on sgs4 with 1.9.... so hilarious Wink and um since phones got really crappy Gpu did you ever thought how the heck phone is supposted to even start that kind of emulator with such low cpu and gpu? Id say phone would just simply burn at start Smile any smartass? Big Grin so simply consider once again before opening another thread which made me Rofling Big Grin

This thread is about Yabause a Sega Saturn emulator....not Xbox 360...a couple yaause apps already exist. One guy made a misinformed.comment about an Xbox...not even 360... so read next time....

In other news the main Yabause Dev has agreededto no remove the Android version from the source tree and is also working on addng some.optimization
05-27-2013, 11:35 PM
This is excellent news!

Xperia Play 2.3.3
05-28-2013, 08:48 AM
Cool story bro .

O hai! Testing everything Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE Android 4.3

O bai! Did you witness my power?