Thread Rating:
  • 11 Votes - 4.27 Average
Phantasy Star Portable 2
10-25-2017, 06:00 AM
RE: Phantasy Star Portable 2
I've been searching for a solution and trying different setting in an attempt to fix this problem for the past couple of days to no success. The audio for the game makes constant popping and crackling sounds on at least the most recent PC version of the emulator (1.4.2). This is particularly noticeable in the Little Wing lobby. Like I said, this is constant. It's not tied to transitions or some other nonsense like game speed as the emulator is running at a constant 100% with a 1% variable. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-07-2018, 05:58 AM
PPSSPP Ver 1.5.4, Win 10

Both PSPo2 and PSPo2i have this issue.

My girlfriend and I are playing adhoc and both of us (though not at the same time) get random 100% cpu spikes that freeze up the game for a short period. Only when in field, not when in the Little Wing lobby area or any other time. I have a Ryzen 7 1700 and she has an i5 5600. I checked both resource monitor and process explorer, both confirm that it's ppsspp suddenly maxing out a single core for just a moment.
01-09-2018, 12:11 PM
@Clarynaa did you try Vulkan yet?

Phones: Poco F3 8GB/256GB (Snapdragon 870 5G) and Redmi Note 6 Pro 4/64GB (Snapdragon 636)

PC: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 / 16GB RAM DDR4 3600MHz / NVIDIA GTX 1660 Ti 6GB / Windows 10 Pro
01-09-2018, 12:16 PM (This post was last modified: 01-09-2018 12:19 PM by Asferot.)
Why not use the older stable versions? Do those work fine?

also. WHEN is it maxing out? It could be just loading. Because in latest stable version I/O timing settings are actually enabled by default.

Everything is Hitsuzen!
01-09-2018, 05:17 PM (This post was last modified: 01-09-2018 05:21 PM by Clarynaa.)
(01-09-2018 12:16 PM)Asferot Wrote:  Why not use the older stable versions? Do those work fine?

also. WHEN is it maxing out? It could be just loading. Because in latest stable version I/O timing settings are actually enabled by default.

Pretty much randomly during missions. Fighting, not fighting, doesn't really matter. I'll try Vulkan @GuilhermeGS2 and report back, either editing this post or replying if there's more posts.

First impression of vulkan is : Damn that's so much faster. THat's like twice as fast unthrottled with my ryzen 7 1700 and gtx 1060 6gb
02-24-2018, 12:53 PM
Is there a setting that fixes the missing textures/Particle effects on weapons?

Using 1.54

Any help or info would be greatly appreciated.
03-01-2018, 02:24 PM
It work on my galaxy s7 edge just fine and it work great on my Moto x pure which is snapdragon 808.
(02-24-2018 12:53 PM)OldManKain Wrote:  Is there a setting that fixes the missing textures/Particle effects on weapons?

Using 1.54

Any help or info would be greatly appreciated.
03-29-2018, 07:37 AM
This game runs perfect full speed 30 FPS on low end laptop with celeron 1.5 ghz and intel hd graphics, no slowdown at all. On android (Mali 400 mp, low end phone. ) there are certain areas that cause severe slowdown to unplayable speed, look at the screenshot attachments.
If you turn your camera view to those blue moving holograms, or certain parts of connecting corridors in dungeons, the game becomes unplayable. Is there any workaround to disable those hologram rendering by using CWCheat or hack? I noticed that viewing those areas increase draw calls immensely.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

06-24-2019, 02:41 PM
It's currently unplayable on my Lenovo A6000 android 1GB RAM Quad Core, Quallcomm Snapdragon 410 phone. ROM starts but when starting a "new game" it goes black screen and freezes PPSSPP. I also noticed text boxes (stating storage media at the start) not appearing right.
06-24-2019, 02:51 PM
Currently unplayable on Lenovo A6000 1GB Android Quadcore Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 device. Tried all different combinations of settings, buffered rendering on, texture scaling (linear/nearest) even resolution at 1x with upscale nada. Game starts, shows intro but freezes PPSSPP after choosing "New Game". All other games works fine but this one. I also noticed the " text boxes" not showing up at the start up indicating whether you have a memory card inserted.
11-25-2019, 01:34 AM
Hi, I think this is an old issue, but my game still freezes whenever I try to enter a mission in multiplayer. It works fine right up until the mission starts to load, then just gets stuck in the loading screen forever and can never get past it. I swear, I used to play it multiplayer, but haven't been able to in forever now because of this hang up. I just recently tried upgrading to 1.9.3 to see if it fixed the problem, but so far, no.
05-20-2020, 12:45 PM
Hi.. I have problems with this game.. used to work in the past, but now gets stuck after I beat Svaltia, where the game is just stuck at Emilia's empty dialogue box. Tried my old savefile but the game gets stuck if I change at Wardrobe from my room and when I pick and go on a mission. Same PPSSPP version 1.9.4 and same device.
05-20-2020, 01:08 PM
Hi.. thread noob here.
I used to play this game on the same phone and same PPSSPP version 1.9.4 (2018-2019) and now I felt like playi g again. Thing is, now whenever I finish the very first mission, after beating Svaltia, the game gets stuck at Emilia's empty dialogue box. I tried a friend's savefile but now it gets stuck when I change at my room's wardrobe and when I pick and go on a mission.. I can still press the touch screen buttons though. Tried everything, Pls help.
07-02-2020, 01:01 AM
1.10 update broke Phantasy Star Portable 2 and 1.. Using xiaomi mi 3. Hangs after character creation. Never displays the character you're creating.