Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
ppsspp on pc
05-04-2013, 10:24 AM
ppsspp on pc
Hi Henrik and the other dev , i just have a problem with ppsspp on my computer :the old version of ppsspp v0.6 opened on my pc but when i want to boot a game it just tells me '' PPSSPP HAS STOPED WORKING '' and with the newer version (v7.5 and v7.6 ) when i launch it just tells me that ''PPSSPP HAS STOPPED WORKING'' without even letting me launche a game or presse option.

well i have and IPOD TOUCH 5G on which i playe psp games but its a bit slow so i would like to try on pc

I will tell you my pc setting
my pc came with windows 7 but i installed windows 8 release preview
PENTIUM DUAL-CORE CPU e5500 @2.80 GHz 2.80GHz
2.00 GB
64 BIT OPERATING SYSTEM Confused Huh

Find all posts by this user
05-04-2013, 10:43 AM
RE: ppsspp on pc
Sorry but i think you have intel hd gpu

and ppsspp still dont support direct

Perhaps in futur will work
05-04-2013, 10:54 AM
oh i see , just a last thing isn't there another oway or something like that to make it work ? im just asking
05-04-2013, 11:52 AM
Custom drivers is your only chance but they are hard to find and they offer relatively bad results (still better than official ones).
05-04-2013, 11:58 AM (This post was last modified: 05-04-2013 11:59 AM by kevke96.)
This may help: http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detect/graphics
The Intel website says that the drivers that come with Windows often dont support OpenGL, so updating them might do the trick.
The chipset you got definitely has support for OpenGL 2.0.
P.S.: Emphasis on might.

Windows 7 x64: Intel Core i5 4570 @3.6 Ghz, ATI Radeon HD 7870
Android 4.4.2 (CM11): Samsung Galaxy S3 @ 4x1.6 Ghz CPU, 600Mhz GPU
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-04-2013, 03:12 PM (This post was last modified: 05-04-2013 03:18 PM by The Phoenix.)
(05-04-2013 10:24 AM)ridwan Wrote:  Hi Henrik and the other dev , i just have a problem with ppsspp on my computer :the old version of ppsspp v0.6 opened on my pc but when i want to boot a game it just tells me '' PPSSPP HAS STOPED WORKING '' and with the newer version (v7.5 and v7.6 ) when i launch it just tells me that ''PPSSPP HAS STOPPED WORKING'' without even letting me launche a game or presse option.

well i have and IPOD TOUCH 5G on which i playe psp games but its a bit slow so i would like to try on pc

I will tell you my pc setting
my pc came with windows 7 but i installed windows 8 release preview
PENTIUM DUAL-CORE CPU e5500 @2.80 GHz 2.80GHz
2.00 GB
64 BIT OPERATING SYSTEM Confused Huh

If you are using a Desktop computer then i would recommend getting a independent graphics card that is still able to be updated as in the drivers, I personally use NVIDIA as they update there drivers quite often and are not as buggy as the Radeon on a budget cards drivers.
As at the moment your system is sharing the available Ram between the CPU & Graphics and so is going to be slow.
As this emulator depends on what graphics card it uses to get the best results, so buy the best graphics card you can afford to see a massive difference.
Also you have very little hard-drive space I noticed, could become a problem as you fill up your C drive.
Also close down all unnecessary programs as in the ones on the right hand side on the task-bar, right click on your Anti-virus & choose game or silent mode, reduce the competition of those programs fighting for your available 2 Gig Ram.
Also did you try right clicking on the PPSSPPWindows.exe and changing the compatibility mode to say Windows XP service pack 3, may get around the problem.

But on the other hand, if you have a Laptop then the only things to improve in that respect are the hard-drive size & increase of Ram, not a lot else can be improved.
05-04-2013, 03:21 PM (This post was last modified: 05-04-2013 03:23 PM by ridwan.)
so there is no other way , the only way is buying best best graphics card but i can't cause i don't have a job i'm just a university studen i can't aford it Sad
but thanks anyway for people who replied
i hope in the future it will work
05-04-2013, 03:26 PM
(05-04-2013 03:21 PM)ridwan Wrote:  so there is no other way , the only way is buying best best graphics card but i can't cause i don't have a job i'm just a university studen i can't aford it Sad
but thanks anyway for people who replied
i hope in the future it will work

I am afraid its going to have to be a birthday or Xmas present then to you, good luck with your studies mate.
05-04-2013, 04:01 PM
Just so you got an idea on what you would need: http://www.amazon.com/MSI-NVIDIA-GeForce...ce+GTX+640
And that one is already overkill.

Windows 7 x64: Intel Core i5 4570 @3.6 Ghz, ATI Radeon HD 7870
Android 4.4.2 (CM11): Samsung Galaxy S3 @ 4x1.6 Ghz CPU, 600Mhz GPU
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-04-2013, 04:43 PM
I have an Intel GMA x3100 on my laptop and it works just fine.
05-06-2013, 10:26 AM
thanks every one i think im gonna ask it on my birthday
06-20-2013, 02:54 AM
hey guy two day ago i updated my driver and then i just taught to trie ppsspp again on my computer and then it worked all my psp games works
06-21-2013, 08:10 PM
Problem resolved! Closed!Smile

[URL=https://matchnow.life]Real-life Girls[/URL]
Thread Closed