Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Tragic NVIDIA Tegra
05-01-2013, 11:17 AM
Tragic NVIDIA Tegra
I hope developers can pay more attention to this pitiful CPU since it is not a little-known CPU globally and even HP TouchPad use it. Admittedly,although the latest emulator do fix the Crash problem,several new problems emerged when running games. Numerous games suffered a sharp decline in performance and the VPS of some games like SD gundam and Queens Gate even drop to only 20-30. It‘s really incredible!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-01-2013, 01:03 PM
RE: Tragic NVIDIA Tegra
Can you test a few git builds since the performance hit and find which git build the performance drop started in?

-[Unknown]
05-01-2013, 01:39 PM
The crash started in version 0.7.6 182 since the new options ware added and this potential crash problem was solved in version250 but afterward the performance degraded and the problem still exist in the up to date version 0.7.6 310. The emulation was always stable and normal by using the version before 0.7.6 182
05-01-2013, 02:15 PM
That version added the "raw framebuffer" option. You have "Display Raw Framebuffer" unchecked in your settings, right?

-[Unknown]
05-02-2013, 03:56 AM
Its not a setting problem that I can sure. Actually, I turn on " display raw framebuffer',the screen go dark and there is no change with VPS. I always check the settings as I did when I use JPCSP but unfortunately it does not support mobile platform.
05-02-2013, 04:39 AM
Just to clarify, v0.7.6-175-g338bc00 is fine, v0.7.6-179-g8b1c52d is fine, and the first one with the problem is v0.7.6-182-g7012efe right?

If yes, it only changed two things:
- added settings UI for raw framebuffer.
- introduced a small bug in displaying Hernik's name (which is already fixed in the latest version.)

So if it's not the raw framebuffer setting, it must be that another commit is really the first one with the problem.

Sorry, I don't have a Tegra device, so I don't have a way to tell myself. But it may be possible to fix if I know at least exactly what caused it.

-[Unknown]
05-02-2013, 04:59 AM
Thank you ever so much. It seems what I can do is just praying and waiting for upcoming version that can solve this problem.