Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Great Job Guys!
04-30-2013, 09:17 PM (This post was last modified: 04-30-2013 09:18 PM by badhomaks.)
Great Job Guys!
I would like to thank all of you guys for taking your time to develop this amazing emulator. I've been following jpcsp for 2.5 years and that horrible excuse of an emulator can't even run my Naruto Ninja Impact at playable framerates STILL after all these years (and it
's not my pc, my GTX 670 and i5-3570k can get more damn frames in crysis 3 max at 1080p) [and that's with a tedious multi-hour tweaking process] while PPSSPP manages to get an easy 60 with much better visual quality and it's been publicly released for only half a year. Can't wait to see the upcoming upgrades.

-badhomaks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-30-2013, 09:22 PM
RE: Great Job Guys!
I'm glad your happy with PPSSP, there are very talented guys working on it. Don't be too hard on the authors of jpcsp, in particular it's hard to create a PSP emulator and no developer goes out with the intention of making a bad one. Smile
04-30-2013, 09:30 PM
well the horrible excuse as you call it,they make something impossible only with java and that alone says something
04-30-2013, 10:45 PM (This post was last modified: 04-30-2013 10:48 PM by solarmystic.)
Yep, so much progress in such a small amount of time. It really helps that we have a former(?) Dolphin dev and other talented devs working on it.

I can't lay too much blame on the creators of JPCSP, Java is just not suited for this kind of heavy duty emulation. Especially when performance is concerned, it's very hit or miss. Requiring so much tweaking and fiddling with techincal things no lay person should have to bother with, even with super rigs that crush modern games with ease. I tried with my rig and couldn't be bothered after a few attempts and hours and hours of trying to find optimal settings and heapsizes for different games lol and only getting a measly 20-25 FPS.

Soulcalibur especially really impressed me the most on PPSSPP. I could never get it to run faster than 25 FPS in game using JPCSP. With PPSSPP it's a solid 60 all the time with maxed settings.

C++ is where it's at. PCSX2 used it. Dolphin used it. It's about time we have a PSP emulator that used it.

PPSSPP Modern Testbed:-
Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.0 GHz
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 760 2GB GDDR5 VRAM @ 1138/6500 Mhz
16 GB DDR3 RAM @ 1600 MHz
Windows 7 x64 SP1

PPSSPP Ancient Testing Rig:-
Intel Core 2 Duo T9550 @ 2.8GHz
ATI Mobility Radeon 4670 1GB GDDR3 VRAM @ 843/882 MHz
8 GB DDR3 RAM @ 1066 MHz
Windows 7 x64 SP1