Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
Project Shield and PPSSPP. Anyone excited about it?
05-03-2013, 11:31 AM
RE: Project Shield and PPSSPP. Anyone excited about it?
I have a good feeling on Ouya + the progress of PPSSPP, surely i'll get one when it's out

SAMSUNG Ultrathin 535U3C
AMD A6-4455M Dual-Core Accel (2.6GHz)
AMD Radeon™ HD 7500G Graphics
4GB DDR3 RAM
Windows 8 64-bit

Humble but Proud of it
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-03-2013, 02:32 PM (This post was last modified: 05-03-2013 02:40 PM by Dwightyone.)
Hi.

Yes, the Ouya and PPSSPP could be a love match.

I did have a good feeling about the Ouya and then I found out that it won't be running the standard Google Play store, meaning we'll have to repurchase the software you have bought for your phone/tablet etc..from the Google Play store to play on the Ouya.

Perhaps I was naive to think it would Blush
Find all posts by this user
05-03-2013, 02:46 PM
(05-03-2013 02:32 PM)Dwightyone Wrote:  Hi.

Yes, the Ouya and PPSSPP could be a love match.

I did have a good feeling about the Ouya and then I found out that it won't be running the standard Google Play store, meaning we'll have to repurchase the software you have bought for your phone/tablet etc..from the Google Play store to play on the Ouya.

Perhaps I was naive to think it would Blush
Well, since Ouya will be full moddable, there is a huge chance that you can run the standard play store in it

SAMSUNG Ultrathin 535U3C
4GB DDR3 RAM
Windows 8 64-bit

Humble but Proud of it
05-03-2013, 07:04 PM
There will always be the option of rooting and side loading yourself. Plus there will probably be a bunch of custom roms once it's released(I don't know if it has been Tongue).

Windows 7 64bit, AMD Phenom II 840T 4 cores @ 2.9GHZ, 6 GB Ram
Graphics card-ATI Radeon HD 4200

Yuandao N101 (Jelly Bean)-RK3066, Dual core A9 @ 1.6 GHz, Mali-400 GPU, 1GB Ram, 10.1"
05-03-2013, 07:42 PM (This post was last modified: 05-03-2013 07:56 PM by Dwightyone.)
I hope so!

I suppose we'll have to wait and see what happens when someone has added Google system content to the Ouya Android OS, rooted and rom'ed it, to find out whether Ouya will insist on a system update if you want to have access to the Ouya store etc..

I'll probably stick to the project Shield, it does what Ouya does and more, it's what the Ouya should have been imo, it has less restrictions than Ouya. Smile

Other than that, I'm positive and happy about the Ouya! Big Grin
05-03-2013, 08:07 PM
Well, you have to see the price of both product, Ouya will be cheaper than SHIELD (no price on shield yet but we can assume that, there is no way that shield could cost 99USD)

In other hand, we need to see how the two things grow up, since there is a lot of future (thanks, modding) in these two little pieces

SAMSUNG Ultrathin 535U3C
4GB DDR3 RAM
Windows 8 64-bit

Humble but Proud of it
05-03-2013, 08:24 PM
Yes, I agree with you on all your points. Smile

I think $300 USD is the price the Project Shield will come in on. If any/much higher than that then I won't bother. I can't knock the price of the Ouya.

The premise of the Ouya is a good one. I don't think the Ouya is the one to do it (maybe it successors etc) but I'm hoping one day Android console gaming will get so big it will knock the likes of Sony and Microsoft sideways.
05-03-2013, 08:30 PM (This post was last modified: 05-03-2013 08:30 PM by Spitweiss.)
Who knows~ then MS and Sony using Android in their consoles cofcofand Ninty with the brand-new Symbian consolecofcof

SAMSUNG Ultrathin 535U3C
4GB DDR3 RAM
Windows 8 64-bit

Humble but Proud of it
05-03-2013, 08:52 PM
If they all ended up using Android there would be no one left to hate and have flamewars over Big Grin
05-04-2013, 05:49 AM (This post was last modified: 05-04-2013 05:52 AM by geigermuller.)
Not particularly excited about project shield. Since it runs on android, any tegra 4 equipped phone would be able to play the games made for it. So, unlike mobile consoles like the psvita or 3ds, the Shield will not have exclusive games, and thus will not have a strong selling point, apart from its physical controller.
So, If ppsspp works on it, that's great, but then again, it works on all other android phones.
05-04-2013, 08:33 PM (This post was last modified: 05-04-2013 09:10 PM by Dwightyone.)
I agree, it's all about the controller. Smile

It has a few other tricks up its sleeve as well with regards to games. I think we all know about the ability to stream PC games if you have the right setup (I'm not bothered about this) but apparently there are going to be some PC games to buy on Tegra Zone at some point.

Another exclusivity point is, there will be many Tegra 4 games designed with built in support for the Project Shield.

I'm expecting hardware control mapping will be good. Xperia Play games and emulators which have hardware controls like Mupen64, FPSE and ePSXe. PPSSPP itself would be great considering the PSP is hardware controlled rather than touchscreen controlled. Smile
07-29-2013, 05:16 AM
This handheld comes out in a couple days, gentlemen. I want one badly but can't afford it at the moment. Who's getting one? Given its power, do you guys suspect most games for PPSSPP will run smoothly on it? rock solid 60fps in games like Ridge Racer?
07-29-2013, 06:24 PM (This post was last modified: 07-29-2013 06:28 PM by GuilhermeGS2.)
Would be nice play the new games of Gameloft (Modern Combat 5 and Asphalt 8) in the Ouya or Project Shield.

EDIT: This games will has amazing graphics, seems with the actual consoles generation.

Phones: Poco F3 8GB/256GB (Snapdragon 870 5G) and Redmi Note 6 Pro 4/64GB (Snapdragon 636)

PC: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 / 16GB RAM DDR4 3600MHz / NVIDIA GTX 1660 Ti 6GB / Windows 10 Pro
07-30-2013, 03:40 AM
(07-29-2013 06:24 PM)GuilhermeGS2 Wrote:  Would be nice play the new games of Gameloft (Modern Combat 5 and Asphalt 8) in the Ouya or Project Shield.

EDIT: This games will has amazing graphics, seems with the actual consoles generation.

I agree those games look hot.
08-01-2013, 04:48 AM
Well it's now out. Anyone got one? Can't wait to read PPSSPP impressions. I wonder how the android version of the emu runs?