Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
L and R buttons.
04-28-2013, 10:56 AM
L and R buttons.
Offer for Android

You've made buttons L and R onto places where its really problematic to reach it with index finger. If I'M try to press it when I'm racing to get nitro, R, it really annoys. I offer to make a option that removes those buttons from screen and hangs their controlling onto the Volume "+" and Volume "-" hardware buttons, and user could change sound only through menu, when pressed "back" button on android.
When this setting is unchecked, it could return place for buttons that there is right now.
I know, for tablet PCs its not really comfortable, but for Phones its really should be nice.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2013, 11:35 AM
RE: L and R buttons.
It's already planned that the buttons' layout will be customizable Smile
But for remap the buttons on real buttons (like "volume +" and "volume -"), I don't know... Undecided

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
04-28-2013, 12:31 PM
(04-28-2013 11:35 AM)vnctdj Wrote:  It's already planned that the buttons' layout will be customizable Smile
But for remap the buttons on real buttons (like "volume +" and "volume -"), I don't know... Undecided

I'm asking to make it right now, I don't think its really hard. Just a few minutes to improve code.
04-28-2013, 01:19 PM (This post was last modified: 04-28-2013 01:20 PM by vnctdj.)
If you know coding, you can show your work to a developer here, like Henrik or [Unknown] Smile

♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
04-28-2013, 02:45 PM
(04-28-2013 01:19 PM)vnctdj Wrote:  If you know coding, you can show your work to a developer here, like Henrik or [Unknown] Smile

Actually I've never worked with Android and Java at all... I'm a web programmer and ActionScript programmer... Worked only at web, not any desktop apps. So, I can't do that. But I'm going to make some applications for Android in future, but I have a tons of things I still have to learn before.
04-28-2013, 02:58 PM (This post was last modified: 04-28-2013 02:58 PM by vnctdj.)
OK, so you have to wait until a developer see your request and give his opinion Wink

♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
04-28-2013, 03:06 PM
It would be nice (In future) to make able the option to lock L or R on. I mean games like Assassin's Creed need you to hold R while you run with Analog and also press/hold cross to jump to other objects.

If we could have the option in settings for when you are using touchscreen to either have L and R normal (Press them and when lift off they un-press) like how it is. Or when the option (If added) is enabled, you click L and R off or on like a switch (Press them 1st time and lift off they stay auto pressed down and then click again to un-press).

I know a few ports/games on Android (Some FPS games) have this sort of control as developers know you only have a set amount of fingers and you cant press all at same time.

Well this is my idea but would make a nice choice of control for some games.

PS. Sorry mite not of explained it well enough Sad
04-28-2013, 05:43 PM
(04-28-2013 03:06 PM)Poo-Tang Wrote:  It would be nice (In future) to make able the option to lock L or R on. I mean games like Assassin's Creed need you to hold R while you run with Analog and also press/hold cross to jump to other objects.

If we could have the option in settings for when you are using touchscreen to either have L and R normal (Press them and when lift off they un-press) like how it is. Or when the option (If added) is enabled, you click L and R off or on like a switch (Press them 1st time and lift off they stay auto pressed down and then click again to un-press).

I know a few ports/games on Android (Some FPS games) have this sort of control as developers know you only have a set amount of fingers and you cant press all at same time.

Well this is my idea but would make a nice choice of control for some games.

PS. Sorry mite not of explained it well enough Sad

I don't think this will be comfortable for all games.
I think put on hardware buttons of volume up and down is more comfortable for phones.
01-13-2014, 02:13 PM (This post was last modified: 01-13-2014 02:21 PM by jayceemera.)
ahmmm maybe its also easier if we can map the arrow key with tilting .... because some games dont have fixed camera angles and you have to touch the directional buttons to see were you are going... im refferring to the god eater burst game... runs silky smooth ... just the L and R harware mapping and the arrow keys and its almost perfect!!

ps: ahh before i forgot i hope there is also an option for multikeys... and mapping it on vol + and -
06-15-2014, 10:09 AM
Volume +/- are now mappable without popping up the volume control thing in the latest build.
06-16-2014, 06:39 AM
* that's nice Wink

Download PSP Games for FREE Here !
http://forums.ppsspp.org/announcements.php?aid=5

Do you Have Sensible Questions? Read Here.
http://forums.ppsspp.org/announcements.php?aid=4