Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Does the Fast-forward/Speed toggle feature affect the game's AI, and it's behavior?
01-26-2024, 04:39 PM
Does the Fast-forward/Speed toggle feature affect the game's AI, and it's behavior?
I'm asking this primarily because I'm playing a couple of games (i.e. Jeanne d'Arc, Tactics Ogre, and Yu-Gi-Oh! Tag Force games) that utilize the AI scripts, in which the AI "thinks" before making its next move.

For example: In Tactics Ogre, there is a brief period on the AI's turn where the AI thinks about what its next move should be that makes the most tactical sense regarding its troop's strengths and weaknesses.

Another example are the Yu-Gi-Oh! Tag Force games, in which the game has a small hourglass icon flashing when the AI "thinks" about which card to play next, and what combo (if any) it should make.

Now, sometimes, this thinking can take quite a bit of time, and recently, I found out that PPSSPP has a feature where you can increase the emulation speed which does help make playing some of these games more tolerable, but one thing that makes me worried is that I don't know if using this will have any impact on the AI scripting and the behavior that they're programmed with?

I don't have any way of testing this, so I'm hoping somebody here may perhaps know if using this feature will have any impact on the game's programming and its AI scripts, or is it safe to continue playing with it?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply