Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Fate/EXTRA CCC 2D Asset Stutter
12-09-2023, 09:51 PM
Fate/EXTRA CCC 2D Asset Stutter
I've been trying to play Fate/EXTRA CCC on my old 2018 Dell laptop, but I've been having some odd stutters that drop 2-8 frames for a single second. This happens whenever any sprite is loaded in.

Like when you start the game, the title descends from the top of the screen, the game stutters. In game, whenever someone is talking and their character portrait pops in, the game stutters. The odd bit, though, is when a character portrait pops in for a scene, the next time it pops in again, the game doesn't stutter. As if the application caches them, but flushes them when the scene is over. Character portraits also pop in on the ingame menu, which cause the game to stutter. This happens almost every time the menu is opened and you reach the status screen.

Reducing the resolution does not change this. I've also fiddled with multiple options and speedhacks for a hot minute to no success. I've even reverted my versions back a few times to see if there's any difference.

The performance of the game is overall very smooth, and I'm running at 100% consistently until 2D assets pop in. I've also tried the game on my S20 Ultra, and there are no stutters there. I just dislike the touch controls on my phone and would prefer to play the game on the Laptop.

Is there anything I can do to fix this stuttering problem?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply