Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
PSP Half Life - Playable, first level, with no sound (so far!)
04-25-2013, 01:02 PM (This post was last modified: 04-25-2013 01:03 PM by Dwightyone.)
RE: Request - PSP Half Life
Wow, it boots up and plays on my Xperia Play. It runs very slowly (15fps) but as proof of concept and what can be done with homebrew on PPSSPP then this is great. Graphically it is perfect,

I bet this on PPSSP on Windows it would run much faster than my Xperia Play. Or even a much better phone.

stageas, you're the man Big Grin Thanks.

(04-25-2013 12:49 PM)sfageas Wrote:  omg i think there's a serious bug when you pass one door(and loading at the same time)it closes and traps you
ok i found how to bypass it,go to configuration and select go to console then press square to bring up the keyboard and type noclip and press square again

Oh yar, I found this out yesterday during my six hour search.

Are you playing on windows?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-25-2013, 01:04 PM
no BlackDaemon is the man Smile yes im playing on windows now but where is the use button?Big Grin
04-25-2013, 01:07 PM
(04-25-2013 01:04 PM)sfageas Wrote:  no BlackDaemon is the man Smile yes im playing on windows now but where is the use button?Big Grin

You both the man Big Grin

I don't yet. I know it's fully playable if you use noclip and other codes when you need interact with stuff. That's okay, we have to pause to interact in other games when you use something or press somethnig anyway.

What fps are you getting
04-25-2013, 01:15 PM
RE: PSP Half Life - Works
its full speed and the use button must be the attack button.Also i dont know if you can put your own mp3 because the game looking for them Big Grin
04-25-2013, 01:20 PM (This post was last modified: 04-25-2013 03:37 PM by Dwightyone.)
RE: PSP Half Life - Works
(04-25-2013 01:15 PM)sfageas Wrote:  its full speed and the use button must be the attack button.Also i dont know if you can put your own mp3 because the game looking for them Big Grin

Full speed! That is awesome! I bet it's running better on windows for you that it ever did on the PSP.

I can't remember how to do it, but yes, there is a way to get rid of the top text. I did it about four years ago but a lot of PSP tips have vanished from the net. I will search. Smile

I'd send you a PM stageas but your PM inbox quota is full because of the hundreds of half life PM's I have sent you. Big Grin

Can't get the suit either. Seen other people do it on youtube.
04-25-2013, 04:36 PM (This post was last modified: 04-25-2013 05:33 PM by Jeid3.)
RE: PSP Half Life - Playable, first level, with no sound (so far!)
hi guys i tried my game but its block here :
[Image: freezhl.jpg]

Edit: i find problem thx for this Smile somes bugs
[Image: bughl1.jpg]
04-25-2013, 04:38 PM
press start Smile
04-30-2013, 08:18 PM
can oyu link the gfame or upload somewhere ? i like HL, and playin on phone will be great Big Grin
04-30-2013, 08:23 PM
just do a search 'half life psp' and replace the eboot with the decrypted eboot from here
04-30-2013, 08:47 PM (This post was last modified: 04-30-2013 08:47 PM by Dwightyone.)
And when you get it and play you're either meant to select the suit with the the PSP contoller buttons and if that doesn't work you apparently can glitch it (this is what I read) and if all else fails there is a game save out there which gets you the suit.

On my phone I haven't succeeded getting the suit.

A. I haven't got the gamesave.
B. Glitch hasn't worked for me.
C. I can't select it with the PSP controls on PPSSPP Android.

On YouTube there are many videos showing people getting the suit and playing through the game on PSP. If you succeed please, please please please post back how you do it. Smile
04-30-2013, 08:51 PM
yes i cant get the suit controls not working Smile
04-30-2013, 08:59 PM
For now maybe it is a PPSSPP issue. I'm fairly certain that I got the suit after numerous attempts of lining Gordon freeman up to the suit buttons when I played it back on my PSP a few years back. I'll borrow a PSPGO to try it.
04-30-2013, 09:26 PM
nuh game has some breaking bugs like when you stuck between doors and die and only with noclip you can pass it Smile
04-30-2013, 10:38 PM
Oh yes, I forgot about that. I've read you are meant to use 'noclip' throughout the game with doors and stuff. It's the only way. Smile
07-23-2013, 03:01 PM
I found out another way. If you get stuck in a door during/after loading, just press (Select) twice. It will bring up the console and then switch back to the game. When it switches back, you will be crouching so just move forward.