Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is the cwcheats creation community disappearing?-Resubmitted
09-16-2023, 01:53 PM
Is the cwcheats creation community disappearing?-Resubmitted
Hello LunaMoo, I have known about you for several years and it is thanks to you that I know a little about the subject,The thing is that there is very little information about creating cheats, only one or another in forums you made but it is very basic and does not reach the depth of the topic. It can be said that there are very few people who know about the creation of cheats and the majority who knew, no longer have activity on the internet and it is impossible to contact them, an example is you LunaMoo or Saramagrean, creator of cheat.db, simply updates the database and it disappears again, so it is almos impossible for me to contact yoy/him, andyou really know a lot about this subject, and as such it can be said that the creation of cheats has stagnated, since the majority of games are dynamic memory ( DMA) and it is really difficult to find pointers for the games since they can work in various areas and then they simply no longer work, which means that it was not the correct pointer, only those who developed those cheats in the past know how to find the correct ones, they are tryhards on this topic, and on YouTube not to mention there is only one video in all of YT and it is the basics because if the game is DMA it is not a tutorial that works for you, creating a cheat for an emulator or PSP as such is almost impossible to the point that it seems like an art.
that is it, if you create a cheat it is mandatory to work under certain conditions, if you make a mistake with the value you want to assign, crash your console/emulator, if you restart, the address changes so you need a pointer, If you find a pointer and when changing the value it crashes, it is not the pointer or direction you are looking for the cheat, basically you have to learn to find an address that when modified 1.does not crash the game when assigning a new value 2.is a pointer that works throughout the game 3.is undetectable, I mean if you find a pointer and it is in an area of memory where it is not detected, that is what you are looking for, since it does not cause bad memory accesses therefore it does not crash, and therefore you do not need to activate the option to ignore reads, and this has the great advantage that it becomes a cheat that can be used on PSP without fear of a crash 4. Thanks to the above, it does not corrupt the memory, nor your game, that is, it is a very good cheat...and I want to reach that level.. create cheats and share them since most of them that are in the cheat.db cause crashes or are unstable and corrupt your game, there are cheats that don't even exist, think of any game and a cheat that that game doesn't have yet In my case I think about the no clip since I like to see hidden parts of the games, thanks to the fact that the no clip already existed in the Tomb Raider Anniversary game I was able to find an easter egg in that game.

in short you can do something so that the creation of cwcheats does not disappear, as a YT channel or guide dedicated to it, or at least join the official community of ppsspp in discord, it would be very helpful, for example you could help me with the following question ....

The question is the following:

whether we are in the EUR or USA version of god of war chains of olympus psp... there is a cheat called one hit kill with the following address.....

365CC8 (CWCHEAT format)
8B65CC8 (Disassembler format)
1FB65CC8 (Cheat Engine format) with base memory 0000000017000000

in cheat engine has as default value 2 in float that is to say in hex 40000000 but when activating the cheat it becomes worth 99999 that is to say 461C3C00

How did the person who created it get to that address? Any help is appreciated
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply