Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
battery drains faster when controller is wired connected to my phone
08-16-2023, 07:27 AM
battery drains faster when controller is wired connected to my phone
ok so when i play PPSSPP w/a wired controller, the battery seems to drain faster, is it bcuz of my phone tryna charge the controller? if so, is there a setting where i can still use a wired controller but have my phone not charge it? i am using a Samsung note 10 if that helps
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-17-2023, 09:28 AM
RE: battery drains faster when controller is wired connected to my phone
Hello,

Yes, you are correct. When you connect a wired controller to your phone while playing games like PPSSPP, the phone may be attempting to charge the controller, which can lead to faster battery drain. Many wired controllers draw power from the device they're connected to, which can impact your phone's battery life.

Unfortunately, most phones don't have a built-in setting to prevent charging the connected device while using a wired connection. However, you can try a couple of workarounds to potentially mitigate the issue:

Airplane Mode: Enable Airplane Mode on your phone while playing games with the wired controller. This will disable charging and reduce battery drain. However, keep in mind that this will also disable all wireless communication, including cellular, Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth.

Battery Saver Mode: Activate the Battery Saver mode on your phone while playing games. This can help limit background processes and reduce power consumption, including charging the connected controller.

External Power Bank: Consider using an external power bank to provide additional power to your phone while you're playing games with the wired controller. This can help offset the increased battery drain.

Controller with Power Pass-Through: Some controllers come with a feature called power pass-through, which allows you to charge your device while using the controller. If you're open to purchasing a new controller, this could be a solution.

Custom ROMs and Tweaks (Advanced Users): If you're comfortable with advanced Android settings and modifications, you might be able to find custom ROMs or system tweaks that allow you to control charging behavior when using accessories.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply