Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
NEW 2023 - Dissidia 012 Duodecim Multiplayer - White Screen
07-17-2023, 01:31 AM
NEW 2023 - Dissidia 012 Duodecim Multiplayer - White Screen
** New as of 2023 - Multiplayer not working **

I have been trying to play multiplayer on Dissidia 012 Duodecim with some friends and we cannot connect to each other. All application networking settings and router settings have been confirmed correct dozens of times. This has been tested on multiple different computers with both existing and brand new save files. Application has been cleared/deleted/reinstalled multiple times. We are doing the exact same thing we have done in the past which has worked hundreds of times.

What is happening is we will both connect to an online lobby and successfully challenge each other to a battle and then the game will just sit at a blank white screen instead of loading the character selection screen.

Is anyone else having this issue? Has anyone been able to successfully play this game multiplayer across the Internet in 2023? As stated above, we have done this hundreds of times over the last few years.

Any feedback is appreciated!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-17-2023, 09:38 AM (This post was last modified: 07-17-2023 05:06 PM by AdamN.)
RE: NEW 2023 - Dissidia 012 Duodecim Multiplayer - White Screen
Which version are you using? official version or my test builds?

On official version, there hasn't been any changes related to networking since October 11st, 2022 (which is since PPSSPP v1.14.0), so it should work the same.
If you think some non-network changes in 2023 breaks multiplayer, you can try finding the exact version from https://buildbot.orphis.net/ppsspp/index.php?m=fulllist which will be helpful in investigating the issue.

But since nobody else reporting this issue at github in 2023, it could be something that might changes on your end or whoever you played it with (ie. hardware, OS, ISP, etc.)

Btw, have you tried enabling "Forced First Connect" ? and may be try enabling "Force real clock sync", also try increasing the Minimum Timeout to 300.

My Modified PPSSPP :
==============
Win32&64: https://www.dropbox.com/s/2t3mtdhb0f045cn/PPSSPP_1.11-testbuild_Win32x64.zip?dl=0
Android(ARMv7): https://www.dropbox.com/s/b41bm43mtn1gpnn/PPSSPP_1.11-testbuild_ARMv7.apk?dl=0
07-18-2023, 01:20 AM
Wanted to respond as soon as I was able to test the suggested options and sadly still the same white screen. I'm not sure on what test builds are but we are using adhoc servers built in the app as they have worked for us before (R.I.P myneighborshushicat server). Looking back when we were actively playing I believe I was on a 1.11 build of PPSSPP with maybe minor issues with white screens after challenging but overcame with changing port offsets and eventually worked and were able to Vs. We've tried everything under the sun that we could think of that comes to hardware, OS, ISP. Tried different machines, tried port forwarding, system settings over and over with no avail. It's interesting because while I am not able play with a friend I was able to play with a random person found in one of the built in servers with no issues. I am not sure where that narrows down any potential fixes but curious if there was maybe something overlooked or something like "test builds" we may need to look into. Any information explaining test builds would be appreciated if that is the best route you suggest! Thanks!
07-21-2023, 02:32 PM (This post was last modified: 07-21-2023 02:40 PM by AdamN.)
May be it was latency issue, where that random player has better latency connecting to your PC than your friend's latency to your PC, after all some adhoc games doesn't worked well when the latency is too high, while some other games can still work with 200 ms latency. (adhoc games were normally designed to work for around 30ms latency by their developers)

Disregards the test builds, as they aren't much difference in adhoc, and only added support for infrastructure mode.

PS: Most people are playing at socom.cc since myneighborshushicat no longer functioning.

My Modified PPSSPP :
==============
Win32&64: https://www.dropbox.com/s/2t3mtdhb0f045cn/PPSSPP_1.11-testbuild_Win32x64.zip?dl=0
Android(ARMv7): https://www.dropbox.com/s/b41bm43mtn1gpnn/PPSSPP_1.11-testbuild_ARMv7.apk?dl=0
12-22-2023, 07:58 AM
In the context of PPSSPP, which is the emulator used to play Dissidia 012 Duodecim on a computer, test builds are unofficial versions of the emulator that may contain experimental fixes or improvements. These builds are not officially supported and may have compatibility issues or other bugs.

If you were previously using a specific test build of PPSSPP that worked for you, it's possible that the issue you're currently facing is related to changes or updates made in the official stable releases of PPSSPP since that particular test build.