Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Zettai Zetsumei Toshi 3 (絶体絶命都市3)
04-27-2013, 11:39 AM (This post was last modified: 04-27-2013 01:59 PM by BazookaHarwell.)
RE: Zettai Zetsumei Toshi 3 (絶体絶命都市3)
Title: Zettai Zetsumei Toshi 3: Kowareyuku Machi to Kanojo no Uta
Genre: Action Platformer
Region: NTSC-J
Format: ISO
Version: v0.7.6
Compatibility: Menus
Notes: When the game is started for the first time, the game will ask if you wish to create a new save file. After agreeing, the game will then hang on a black screen. When the game is restarted, the user is greeted with a menu which says that the save file will be loaded (see attachment). Like before, the game will hang on a black screen once the user progresses past this menu. Please contact me if you require additional information.

Edit: I was unable to reproduce the original poster's experience. 0.7.5 seems to offer worse compatibility for the game, as not only does it still hang after a menu, but it cannot display any Japanese characters either in-game or for the title of the game. This was using just vanilla 0.7.5 from Git (the 0.7.5 download link on the main page is broken, as it shares the same redirect as the 0.7.6 does), and he seems to be using a different revision. I'll check it out... Scratch that, it does load on 0.7.5, it just takes a long while. I think what's happening is that it's playing through some video that's not showing up... That definitely seems to be the case, as the menu comes up immediately with media engine turned off.

Edit2: I tried looking for the revision in the screenshot posted by the OP, but the earliest I found was 0.7.5-20. Even though the first menu is not rendered properly (which is fixed by 0.7.6), the game does not hang after the first menu. Button inputs seem to not be working on the character select menu or something, I'll play with it a bit more and find the revision in which the game returns to hanging after the first menu. The character screen itself, however, is not frozen.

Edit3: The game starts hanging on either revision 0.7.5-113, 0.7.5-114, 0.7.5-115, or 0.7.5-116 (the game works on the cutscene in revision 112 (v0.7.5-112-gfa204c6), but everything is dead in 116 (v0.7.5-116-ge6beb97). I could not find revisions 113, 114, or 115, so that's as far as I can narrow it). Models are going through idle animations on the character select screen for revisions that can reach that screen, and the game is definitely working on things, but it just seems like the game does not respond to button inputs any more. Please note that I do have to press circle to get through loading my saved data and to start the game, and that does work. Also, the sound does not work. The second attachment below was taken on revision v0.7.5-112-gfa204c6.

Edit4: On revision v0.7.6-164-gc1a2ee5, Zettai Zetsumei Toshi 3 grinds to about .2 frames a second about 10 frames in, effectively making the compatibility nothing. I'll leave it running for a bit. See third attachment.

Edit5: Okay, revision v0.7.6-164-gc1a2ee5 loads and works through the cutscene in the beginning that 0.7.6 dies at. It seems to do some other work, possibly for the menu before the character select menu (with the options like new game, load game, etc.), and then it dies and hangs on a black screen without having brought anything up. Also, it did grind to a halt numerous times before reaching the "load save data" menu, and I don't know what is up with that. It doesn't actually take that long to get past, but it's a curious little thing that doesn't happen in earlier revisions.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Zettai Zetsumei Toshi 3 (絶体絶命都市3) - BazookaHarwell - 04-27-2013 11:39 AM