Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
PPSSPP x64
04-24-2013, 07:06 PM
PPSSPP x64
Is there an PPSSPP x64 build for windows, or is there only x86 ( x32 )? If there is, please link me the download site and explain me why I can't find it anywhere?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-24-2013, 07:14 PM
RE: PPSSPP x64
You can actualy build yourself x64 builds for PPSSPP but they are not available from the buildbot. This was because until recently it was thought that there is no difference at all in compatiblity between x64 and x86 and that nobody would benefit from the tiny performance increase at all (nobody would even be able to notice it, whatever setup he'd have). Apart from that emucr.com provides x64 builds too. http://www.emucr.com/search/label/PPSSPP . Recently (as I said) it was found that there isn't compatibility transparency between x64 and x86 and it's possible that soon x64 build will be provided too, atleast as stable releases.
04-25-2013, 04:10 AM
Okay, thanks Smile ! I just asked cause I find the x64 version on emucr like you said, bud when I try to extract the rared emulator, it pops up the big error list. I don't know why :\ ? But, as you say, there should be no differences. Smile
04-25-2013, 06:09 AM (This post was last modified: 04-25-2013 06:11 AM by hyakki.)
You're Probably missing the required microsoft visual c++ runtimes for 64-bit.

Anyways I usually compile my own builds and 64-bit ones work fine I don't notice much difference though.