Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
PPSSPP windows control mapping my controller wrongly
05-08-2023, 03:50 PM
PPSSPP windows control mapping my controller wrongly
I am currently facing an issue where the emulator is detecting my controller's input wrongly when I want to perform control mapping. The controller I am using is a PS4 DualShock controller. This only occurs in PPSSPP emulators as I do not face this issue with any other games I am playing on my PC. In fact, previously I had also used this controller to play my PSP games on my PC using the PPSSPP emulator and I did not encounter any issue with the controller as it mapped nicely to PPSSPP and I was able to play my PSP games flawlessly. However, after a few months, when I opened up PPSSPP again, suddenly the controls were no longer working properly. I then tried to update the PPSSPP to the latest version but still encountered this issue. Here is the screenshot of my attempts at performing control mapping. The values highlighted in red are my inputs that PPSSPP detects for the buttons I am pressing. For example, if it is the PSP's Triangle button, I will press the Triangle button on my controller too and the results will normally show the values having + keyboard buttons. Any help or advice would be appreciated. Thank you.

Attached File(s)
.png  Control mapping issue.png (Size: 343.26 KB / Downloads: 104)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-10-2023, 11:59 PM
RE: PPSSPP windows control mapping my controller wrongly
Most likely you have some software/app running that is simulating keyboard presses when you use your gamepad, like xpadder or etc.

-[Unknown]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply