Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Help with Pangya: Fantasy Golf - Crashing at Launch
02-14-2023, 09:20 AM
Help with Pangya: Fantasy Golf - Crashing at Launch
Hello, everyone

I am writing to report an issue that I encountered while attempting to play the game Pangya: Fantasy Golf using the PPSSPP emulator on my Android (Samsung Galaxy A50) device. When I try to launch the game, it crashes immediately. I have tried various solutions, including using OpenGL as the rendering mode, but the issue persists.

I have also done some research online to find a solution to this problem, but unfortunately, I have not been able to find anything that resolves the issue.

I would appreciate any help or suggestions that the community may have to offer, as I'm eager to play this game. If anyone has experienced a similar issue or knows of a potential solution, please let me know.

Thank you for your time and attention.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-10-2023, 01:48 AM
RE: Help with Pangya: Fantasy Golf - Crashing at Launch
I was running into that same case you are having. IDK if you have resolved your problem with this game. Took me a fair bit of system settings tinkering. I currently have that game working on my phone (Google Pixel 6 Pro). hopefully this could work for you also.

Go to 'settings' in the main menu of the emulator
click on 'system'
scroll down a little bit until you see "Emulation"
when you do. Look for "I/O timing method"
Change it to "Simulate UMD delays"
Go back and test Pangya.

That should resolve the start up crash. I haven't currently run into any problems yet after that change.

Other settings is up to you. It works on Vulkan (I am currently using) and OpenGL. My settings for Graphics is Auto (1:1). display is (Auto). Full Screen

If that works Happy golfing buddy =D

I just got the nostalgia for Pangya again and didn't want to dig out my PSP out of storage. have fun with the display control unless you pair a BT controller. I am using PS4 controller to play.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply