Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Having trouble with multiplayer 12/18/2022
12-18-2022, 05:37 PM
Having trouble with multiplayer 12/18/2022
This is a on going problem, my brother and I have been having issues with doing wifi to hotspot connection for multiplayer. I keep getting ether error code 101 or 110 and I've been trying to do all the guides to fix it. I've deleted settings, switched hosts and tried dissidia, dragon ball another road and dark stalkers.

For the settings I have, it's (on the base menu)
WLAN on
I have proserver on (because I usually host) and my brothers proserver is off.
Then I use the ip address I got from connecting to my internet wifi but also I've used the ipadress I've gotten from connecting to his and him connecting to mine and yet the issue persists.

I'm out of options and idea at this point so any suggestions or help is welcomed and appreciated! If you need anymore info, I'd be happy to give it. He's using a retroid 2+ and I've been using a retroid 3+
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-19-2022, 12:15 PM (This post was last modified: 12-21-2022 03:41 PM by AdamN.)
RE: Having trouble with multiplayer 12/18/2022
Socket error 101 on Linux/Android = Network is unreachable, probably you are using a different IP on the pro-adhoc server IP address settings (all players need to use the same value, make sure none of the player use localhost/127.0.0.1 as it's only used for multiple instance on the same device), if you have a Terminal app (ie. Termux on Android), try to ping the pro-adhoc server IP and your brother's IP to see whether they're reachable or not, also ask your brother to do the same too with your IP.

Socket error 110 on Linux/Android = Timed Out (might also be related to unreachable network), probably the port are not opened yet or being blocked (may be using ports < 1024 which requires sudo/admin privileges, using Port Offset higher than 1024 might help), if it was blocked by external factors (ie. firewall, router, or ISP) nothing much can be done from within PPSSPP other than using UPnP (only when supported by your router)

My Modified PPSSPP :
==============
Win32&64: https://www.dropbox.com/s/2t3mtdhb0f045cn/PPSSPP_1.11-testbuild_Win32x64.zip?dl=0
Android(ARMv7): https://www.dropbox.com/s/b41bm43mtn1gpnn/PPSSPP_1.11-testbuild_ARMv7.apk?dl=0
01-01-2023, 06:34 PM
RE: Having trouble with multiplayer 12/18/2022
Thank so much! Turns out it was the port, had to change it to 10000.