Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
Dynasty Warriors: Strikeforce
06-02-2013, 05:03 PM
RE: Dynasty Warriors: Strikeforce
(06-02-2013 04:57 PM)[Unknown] Wrote:  Guessing this is why it doesn't work:

http://report.ppsspp.org/temp/recent/gam...01221_1.00

-[Unknown]

How so? It has been working lately, although the videos play extremelly slow, drop the vps to 8 and such (this happens even before video support though, when the screen was just gray).

-Samsung galaxy S3 International version - Android 4.4.2
-Dual Core locked CPU, Clocked at 1Ghz-1.8Ghz
-Mali 400MP4 GPU Clocked from 160Mhz to 533Mhz
-1GB ram, boo..
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-02-2013, 05:29 PM
Oh, I thought you had to play tricks with umdgen? If not, hmm. Well, those could still be causing issues.

-[Unknown]
06-02-2013, 05:40 PM (This post was last modified: 06-02-2013 05:41 PM by kenny43.)
No, the copy I got works just fine without any modifications, the only issue I've found so far is the video one, but this happened even before video-support as I said, I haven't tried online stuff for obvious reasons. So everything has been working fine so far, it actually surprises me how good it runs even when underclocked to 1Ghz.

Oh yeah, something I also noticed is that when you load your game, there's this extreme stutering and the vps drop a lot just like on the videos, but after a few seconds it starts and it's all fine.

-Samsung galaxy S3 International version - Android 4.4.2
-Dual Core locked CPU, Clocked at 1Ghz-1.8Ghz
-Mali 400MP4 GPU Clocked from 160Mhz to 533Mhz
-1GB ram, boo..
06-30-2013, 02:24 PM (This post was last modified: 07-24-2013 05:01 PM by Niobium.)
Genre: Action RPG / Hack'n'slash / Slasher
Region: USA (NTSC)
Game ID: ULUS10416 [More detail]
Format: ISO & CSO
Version of PPSSPP: v0.8.1-125-gf5da5f4
Emulation system: Windows XP SP3 32-bit
Compatibility: Playable (Fully playable - player can complete game)
Review: Game works very well - everything good but it has some little settings tricks and video issue.

Video:
Video in game works badly - it playing slow and sound "stutters" and distor. Theoretically player can watch it - but it is painfull for ears
Sound:
Music and SFX works pretty good - some glitches can be hear but it is not often and not annoying.
Graphic:
Pretty well, and without difficult emulator optimization.
FPS:
Average 55-60 - very good. Switching off framelock can increase fps up to 100 in game. Video FPS - 60 too, can boost up to 250.
Savestate:
Works well but in approximately 10% of cases - emulation can crash (specially if saving/loading during video)
In-game save:
Nothing to comment. Everything good.
DLC:
For this game DLC is extra-maps. Works correctly.
Settings:
I.Quick review:
Code:
Buffered Rendering - on.
Hardware Transform - on (with Vertex Cashe on).
Vertex Cashe - on (with Hardware Transform on).
Use VBO - off.
Frame skipping - off (Switch on only when fps a little)
Simple 2X SSAA - off (If you have fast system (PC or mobile device) - switch on for better graphic expirience)
MipMapping - on or off. (Only affect on plant and trees)
Vsync - off.
Texture Filtering - linear or linear (CG).
Texture Scaling - off
II.Detail rewiew:
Buffered Rendering - Better to switch on. This cause better graphic - more lighter colours without graphic issues or decreasing FPS and more attractive video without flickering.
Look at this picture to compare "on" and "off" settings
Hardware Transform - Better to switch off. Switching this on cause fps issue in battle (very decreasing it). This option has not optimization or effect on graphic. However switching this on while Vertex Cashe on too cause normal FPS without better graphic or emulation. This option in this game totally useless.
Vertex Cashe - Switching it off or on has no effect. FPS has not change too.
Use VBO - Switch this off and only off. For this game VBO has only one effect - change FPS around 40 digit. None graphic change.
Frame skipping - You can switch this on and this not affect on gameplay or graphic, however it cause video flickering and twitching and sometimes another graphic issues. Total - switch it on only in emergency case
Simple 2X SSAA - If you want - using it. This option makes graphic more attractive by value of fps
MipMapping - On or off it. Using of it cause another view of plant and Leaves on trees. Check this pic out and looks closely at the trees and plants
Vsync - switch off. Using of it cause graphic problem (twitching) and decreasing fps without graphic deformation.
Texture Filtering - Use linear or linear (CG). Second one makes hud more lighter. "Nearest" option makes every texture in the game cubic. This affect and on video too. Check this and this pic.
Texture Scaling - Better to switch off. Using x2-x5 makes graphic terrible and blurry. Look at the pic and closely at the trees on the background.

Screens:
[Image: 2qko.th.jpg][Image: mngh.th.jpg][Image: mv02.th.jpg][Image: aetj.th.jpg]
[Image: ypwn.th.jpg][Image: jp34.th.jpg][Image: 5icc.th.jpg][Image: 6ka6.th.jpg]
[Image: pqu6.th.jpg][Image: zmv0.th.jpg][Image: xp58.th.jpg][Image: yafn.th.jpg]
[Image: vohb.th.jpg][Image: 1ebs.th.jpg][Image: i12q.th.jpg][Image: fotp.th.jpg]
[Image: g886.th.jpg][Image: pgma.th.jpg][Image: cmkf.th.jpg][Image: dgl6.th.jpg]

Bugs and issues:
1) When player load game (not savestate) - sound distort on a half-second.
2) Some problem with font. Check the screens above - under and over some letters you can see small black lines.
3) Around some pics in game there is strange grey (or black?) lines that lead round them. (Check this pic - around number "740" (under "TECH" word) - strange shadow in a down-left conner).
4) Problem with video - sound distord and slowdown.

P.S. For admins and moders - in "Compatibility List" link for "Dynasty Warriors: Strikeforce" goes nowhere (1) and please add another regional code - ULUS10416 in addition to ULES01221 (2). And if you copypaste this post in very first post of this thread - I will be happy (3). Finally - sorry for big post - I trying using [spoiler][/spoiler] but this has not effect (I thinking - this is switch off on this forum) (4)
07-01-2013, 12:15 AM (This post was last modified: 07-01-2013 12:17 AM by Saiko.)
In 0.8 bulid its working on android without modifing the iso but the only problem the characters are invisible Sad)
07-10-2013, 05:38 PM (This post was last modified: 07-10-2013 05:55 PM by Niobium.)
Updated my post. Change recomended settings, bugs and add screens. Also confirmed, that the game fully playable, check this pic, which shown 100% quest completion.
01-06-2014, 02:16 AM
Having problems with FMV: It is slowed down with terrible sound but, unlike with Dynasty Warriors (Vol.1?), using Alternate Speed causes the sound to "burst" and die for the rest of the FMV. Gameplay is normal, otherwise.
01-06-2014, 04:09 AM (This post was last modified: 01-07-2014 09:48 AM by tshamo.)
Hi, I am new here.
the game won't even start with the latest build (v0.9.6-340-gaaf219d). I tried with different sitting but no luck.
can you tell me the best build and sitting. I played many games before and didn't have a problem.
Also, do I have to modify it using UMDGen like it was stated in first post? and how?
Sorry for many requests.
My PC:
OS\Win7.1 64-bit
Processor\ AMD Phenom II X6 1090T 3.2 GHz
Ram\ 8 GB
GPU\ ATI Radeon HD 5670

Edit: it's ok I found that I don't need any modification, and the game runs perfectly.
01-08-2014, 04:02 PM
Crashing after picking up character with latest build .

O hai! Testing everything Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE Android 4.3

O bai! Did you witness my power?
01-14-2014, 10:27 PM
Tested again today with latest build still "ppsspp has stopped working" after load game (when sound is crappy) and sometimes right after Konami screen it's annoying please fix *.*

01-15-2014, 01:45 AM
Did you try disabling FastMem?

Video chipset: AMD Radeon HD 8400
Processor: AMD A6 5200 2.0Ghz quad core.
01-15-2014, 01:03 PM (This post was last modified: 01-15-2014 01:13 PM by curraja.)
Yea doesnt seem to have any effect on that now "ppsspp"stopped working right after ESRB information im playing all games with default settings and all of them seem to work fine but 2 of them keep crashing Wink

02-27-2014, 01:11 PM
Dynasty Warrior Strike Force Issue
Sir, i have a request, can you please fix problem for dynasty warrior strike force? whenever i tried to play the program stop working (Not Responding).
02-27-2014, 01:35 PM
Merged.

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
04-10-2014, 10:02 AM
Need Help
Using windows 8, 64 bit version. Whenever I try to play Dynasty Warriors Strikeforce it keeps saying that "PPSSPP has crashed". Though it works occasionally, it just keeps crashing more often than it works. What can I do to fix this?