Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
Dynasty Warriors: Strikeforce
04-10-2014, 04:55 PM (This post was last modified: 04-10-2014 04:56 PM by vnctdj.)
RE: Dynasty Warriors: Strikeforce
(04-10-2014 10:02 AM)callmemars Wrote:  Using windows 8, 64 bit version. Whenever I try to play Dynasty Warriors Strikeforce it keeps saying that "PPSSPP has crashed". Though it works occasionally, it just keeps crashing more often than it works. What can I do to fix this?

Merged.

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-12-2014, 07:21 AM
Merged.

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
04-16-2014, 07:37 AM
Playing Dynasty Warriors: Strikeforce on ppsspp 64 bit in windows 8. Cutscenes are kinda laggy which pose a problem in the last mission for chapter 5, after finishing the mission I skip the cutscenes as stated above, they lag and then it fails to load the credits and then the game would suddenly freeze at around 6fps. Solution?

note: audio for cutscenes are distorted as well.
04-16-2014, 07:52 PM
For me game more likely love to crash before loading game i hear crappy sound then info that it has stopped working . But the problem sometimes is solved when i close all tasks or reset phone .

S3 4.4.3

My sausage is your sausage just ask for it .

SGS3 LTE Octa Core 4.4.3 32GB+64
05-05-2014, 04:14 PM
Using galaxy S2, Game and Emulator freeze completely after Chapter 5
05-05-2014, 04:54 PM
Information RE: Dynasty Warriors: Strikeforce
(05-05-2014 04:14 PM)kraosdada Wrote:  Using galaxy S2, Game and Emulator freeze completely after Chapter 5
Which version of the emulator are you using?
And have you tried the latest Beta version which currently is: v0.9.8-598-g7a69a6a
Found here: http://buildbot.orphis.net/ppsspp/index.php

You never know there may of been a improvement since you last played it. Cool
05-06-2014, 03:51 AM
Tested latest version, when you get to the end of Chapter 5 you can't get past the end cutscene cause the whole thing freezes, even the emulator.
05-06-2014, 10:57 AM
(05-06-2014 03:51 AM)kraosdada Wrote:  Tested latest version, when you get to the end of Chapter 5 you can't get past the end cutscene cause the whole thing freezes, even the emulator.
Sorry to hear that, have you created a issue on the Github for PPSSPP.
Make sure to upload a save state and / or Save game before the freeze occurs.
So the developers can take a look when they get a chance.
Just out of interest, does the same thing occur on PC version of PPSSPP?
05-06-2014, 01:15 PM (This post was last modified: 05-06-2014 01:29 PM by kraosdada.)
i only have the Android Version

i have a Savestate, but i dunno how to upload it
05-07-2014, 02:18 AM (This post was last modified: 05-07-2014 02:20 AM by The Phoenix.)
(05-06-2014 11:58 PM)endly Wrote:  i have a same problem with "callmemars" and "kraosdada"
after finished a story, the game freezes after the last cutscene/FMV, whether the FMV skipped or not, just showing a black screen, precisely in the credits screen, i think.

i don't think compatibility report would do anything or send the report since the PPSSPP doesn't crash or not responding, just freezes in the game, and i can still click on the tabs above. i've tried any possible work around with all the settings but nothing worked.

i have a SHU-STORY savestate just before the victory while fighting Sun Jian in the last battle quest, with Sun Jian's HP is only 1 (poisoned), so if someone wants to try, just hit him with an attack and he's dead.
then you can proceed to the victory screen, then past the FMV, and it freezes right after that.Sad

note : unfortunately the savestate data is too large (10MB 7zip) to be uploaded here. and i don't know where else to do it.Undecided

i hope someone would help if there's any workaround, or succeeded past the FMV or at least included in the next version of PPSSPP. thank you in advance.
Hi there,
Try upload your savestate's to mediafire, once that is done, the website will give you a URL to write onto this thread, that will allow us to download it from there, and test it out on our systems.

Hope that makes sense, I am not good at explaining things. Blush

Also which region is the savestate for? IE (USA or EUR).
05-07-2014, 03:56 PM
If it says ULESxxxx its European, if t says ULUSxxxx its US
05-09-2014, 04:17 PM (This post was last modified: 05-09-2014 04:19 PM by kraosdada.)
I can confirm the game's Credits are the problem. i tried to see them in the main menu. The credit music played extremely fast and then everything froze.
The main problem is that the credits play at the ends of Chapter 5 and 6, keeping you from getting the Others characters and the other kingdom's characters.
05-15-2014, 05:23 PM
none of my buttons work and I don't have a PC My phone is a alcatel
06-01-2014, 07:51 PM
I've looked through this thread and the various links given in it and I can't seem to find an issue for the visual problem i'm having. I am able to run most games at a moderately stable 50-60 FPS with zero issues so i know it isn't a hardware problem. every time i try to run Dynasty warriors strikeforce on the ppsspp emulator, when it doesnt crash or drop below 15fps trying to get started, I get into the preperation town and the lens flare seems to keep growing until the screenshot at the end of this post is what happens to my game, it makes the game unplayable because i cant see my way around.

Any ideas? I tried configuring my settings to the list mentioned by an earlier poster and they made no difference

06-17-2014, 03:47 AM
(06-01-2014 07:51 PM)Draekrio Wrote:  I've looked through this thread and the various links given in it and I can't seem to find an issue for the visual problem i'm having. I am able to run most games at a moderately stable 50-60 FPS with zero issues so i know it isn't a hardware problem. every time i try to run Dynasty warriors strikeforce on the ppsspp emulator, when it doesnt crash or drop below 15fps trying to get started, I get into the preperation town and the lens flare seems to keep growing until the screenshot at the end of this post is what happens to my game, it makes the game unplayable because i cant see my way around.

Any ideas? I tried configuring my settings to the list mentioned by an earlier poster and they made no difference

This only happens to me when "Read Framebuffers to Memory (CPU/GPU)" is enabled. I only used Buffered Rendering (Non-buffered makes the game darker, less bloom).