Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Multiplayer issues with lag producing differences through time between devices
11-30-2022, 09:42 PM
Multiplayer issues with lag producing differences through time between devices
Hello,

I'm a gold PPSSPP user, I downloaded it and i've been using the same for several years. The thing is, whenever i'm trying to use wifi/Cable connections it works but there is certain lag which doesn't allow the pc sync with the phone. for example, on Naruto Akatsuki rising, one player might be fighting enemies in one screen, but if you see the other screen the player is punching a wall as there is some discrepancy between both gameplays. the same happens with Dragon ball tag team. this is not a pc or android phone problem as I tried with a S6, S10 plus, note 10, and S22 Ultra and a gaming pcwhich can run the games at 100% connected through LAN cable. I feel there is a problem with the syncing between both devices.. this kept happening since the release of AdHoc.. Do you know if there is a fix that can be done through configuration?. I'm a software developer.. I may try to help if coding is needed to fix this for free. I would really like to be able to play with my nephews without these issues..
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-30-2022, 10:24 PM
RE: Multiplayer issues with lag producing differences through time between devices
Adhoc still isn't perfect and has issues, but some of the timing things here are tricky because of how PSP networking worked.

It may help to turn on "force real clock sync" in the setting on all devices.

-[Unknown]
12-02-2022, 11:33 AM (This post was last modified: 12-02-2022 11:54 AM by AdamN.)
RE: Multiplayer issues with lag producing differences through time between devices
This also happened on Naruto Kizuna Drive as i remembered when i tested it on localhost with simulated high latency (200ms) and high packet loss rate (25%) in the past, overtime the position of the characters became different on both screen even though initially they were in sync.

It felt like the game was sending the position data in difference/relative instead of absolute coordinate, or it only send "actions" (ie. pressed keys, etc.) and calculate the position based on those actions, thus the accumulated final position can be different when there are too many lost packets (ie. desync) overtime.
There is also a possibility of timing issue causing the position to become desync overtime, but simulated high latency or high packet loss rate was significantly affecting the desync as i remembered (ie. doesn't need to wait too long before it started to become noticeable)

My Modified PPSSPP :
==============
Win32&64: https://www.dropbox.com/s/2t3mtdhb0f045cn/PPSSPP_1.11-testbuild_Win32x64.zip?dl=0
Android(ARMv7): https://www.dropbox.com/s/b41bm43mtn1gpnn/PPSSPP_1.11-testbuild_ARMv7.apk?dl=0