Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
transfer PPSSPP saves to new device
10-23-2022, 06:32 PM
transfer PPSSPP saves to new device
i am having a difficult time transferring my PPSSPP saves from my Samsung to Motorola, ive tried SD card n that didn't work, plz help
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-29-2022, 01:15 AM
RE: transfer PPSSPP saves to new device
Make sure you're not using internal storage on either device. You can go to the savedata manager to browse your saves and check if any show up.

Regular savedata is under PSP -> SAVEDATA.
PPSSPP save states are under PSP -> PPSSPP_STATE

Both should transfer between devices just fine, although save states can only go to newer or the same version of PPSSPP.

-[Unknown]
10-29-2022, 01:23 AM
and where's the savedata manager located?
10-29-2022, 02:51 PM
Under Settings -> Tools.

-[Unknown]
10-29-2022, 03:09 PM
ok, found em, so wut application or something should i use 2 transfer my stuff?
11-10-2022, 11:41 PM (This post was last modified: 11-10-2022 11:54 PM by ethmcg16.)
actually, abt where the saves r located, it's only giving me the option 2 go back or delete, wut should i do?
11-17-2022, 03:08 AM
Are you trying to use the saved data manager to transfer saves? I don't believe that can do it. That is for managing your saves by deleting ones you don't want. You will have to use the operating system on your phone like a file manager app, or hook the phone to a computer to access files and folders in your phone.

You can move it all or copy it to an SD card, and then plug the SD card into your computer via USB or card reader. Then just transfer the necessary files to another SD card for your new phone using your computer.

You should also be able to plug both phones into a computer via USB and transfer files between them with your operating system.

Third and last resort option I can think of is upload the files to an online cloud storage of yours, and then download from it on your other device.

Just copy the folders that the previous person mentioned from one device to the other.
"Regular savedata is under PSP -> SAVEDATA.
PPSSPP save states are under PSP -> PPSSPP_STATE"

If the emulator is the same version or newer, it should work fine when opening the files on your second device.