Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
[Solved] Valkyria Chronicles 3 very choppy when saving/loading, Redmi 9, Android 11
10-06-2022, 12:03 PM (This post was last modified: 10-07-2022 03:12 AM by VZHAN.)
[Solved] Valkyria Chronicles 3 very choppy when saving/loading, Redmi 9, Android 11

As seen above, the game becomes very choppy when selecting load/save. Any help?
This happens on pretty much every game whenever they load/save, but it's especially egregious in VC3
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-06-2022, 08:51 PM
RE: [Help] Valkyria Chronicles 3 very choppy when saving/loading, Redmi 9, Android 11
The latest Android versions have made accessing storage very slow. It's gotten somewhat better in Android 12, so if it's possible to update I'd recommend that (I realize it often isn't...)

It can also help to go into system settings and re-choose the storage folder. If you upgraded from a previous version, Android is granting access to storage through "legacy" means, and it seems like this is sometimes very slow. Choosing the storage location again sometimes helps this.

-[Unknown]
10-07-2022, 03:03 AM
RE: [Help] Valkyria Chronicles 3 very choppy when saving/loading, Redmi 9, Android 11
Thanks for the advice [Unknown], re-choosing the psp folder on ppsspp>settings>system>memory stick folder unfortunately doesn't fix the issue, but selecting 'app private data' does the trick. Probably not the most ideal solution, but I'll take it. Guess i do need to routinely backup the org.ppsspp.ppsspp folder just in case