Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Win10 Input Holding
10-06-2022, 07:34 AM
Win10 Input Holding
I tried to do a short hop tech in the Dracula X Chronicles version of Symphony of the Night, but I found that I couldn't short hop. I checked the other platformers I had, and they also didn't allow brief inputs. Is that a problem with the PSP, a problem with the emulator, or am I just crazy?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-06-2022, 08:58 PM
RE: Win10 Input Holding
You can try turning on "Force real clock sync (slower, less lag)" in settings, and also "Render duplicate frames to 60hz". If your input is brief enough that it happens under two 30 FPS frames, this may help it get detected (if the game even supports it.)

Games could choose how often they even read inputs, so this is all up to game code. Some games didn't allow brief inputs (i.e. you'd get a full jump even from a brief strike), but I'm pretty sure some did.

The PSP had pretty decent input latency as far as I can tell, but the screen was fairly slow to update. In other words, total input lag wasn't always great. Some games may have accounted for this, and your display might have better input lag than the PSP - so your brief tap might be "impossibly short" for what the developer planned on. It's possible you might need to hold it just a bit longer, but still fairly briefly, to get what you want.

-[Unknown]
11-22-2022, 05:44 AM
RE: Win10 Input Holding
Press Repeat Keys in the Typing section. Switch the Repeat Keys switch to off. Alternatively, adjust the Delay slider to control how long you have to hold a key down to begin repeating it, and adjust the Speed slider to control how quickly key presses repeat.