Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters
06-23-2014, 09:14 PM
Ratchet and clank: size matters
been awhile since i played ratchet and clank size matter on my psp when it use to work... i really missed that game. playing it ppsspp is cool but is their anything i can do that can stop the game from freezing when firing ratchet's guns? it would freeze up for split second when firing lacerators... any help would be greatly appreciated Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-24-2014, 07:55 AM
RE: Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters
Merged.

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
11-02-2014, 02:28 AM (This post was last modified: 11-02-2014 02:30 AM by deividrod.)
Title: Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters
Genre: Third-Person Shooter
Region: US
Format: ISO
Compatibility: Playable

The game Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters is the force close with message "the ppsspp stopped working". The problem started in the build ppsspp-v0.9.9.1-717-gc79479a-android. The same problem happens with X-Men Legends II - Rise of Apocalypse, Star Wars the Clone Wars - Republic Heroes and Lego Star Wars III The Clone Wars.

The problem does not occur in build ppsspp-v0.9.9.1-713-g763e5c9-android
02-07-2015, 06:55 PM
Hi Guys !
I have the last version (1.0) and I play on my Note 4. Each time I shoot with the gun, the game solws down. Plus, when i turn off the buffer rendering, the graphics increase a lot but when I move or attack, the screen turns black !

Does someone have a solution ?
Thank you all !
02-17-2015, 01:36 PM
(02-07-2015 06:55 PM)bouachbi Wrote:  Hi Guys !
I have the last version (1.0) and I play on my Note 4. Each time I shoot with the gun, the game solws down. Plus, when i turn off the buffer rendering, the graphics increase a lot but when I move or attack, the screen turns black !

Does someone have a solution ?
Thank you all !

Probably your tablet/phone (don't know/care/doesn't matter either) is just too slow.

For me it works fine (fast computer). At least until it crashes and I need to pkill -9 ppsspp to stop it.
And in one area it seemed to me a door should have opened after I killed the enemies, but it didn't.
So some bugs, but the game play itself works fine here.
04-04-2015, 04:34 PM (This post was last modified: 04-04-2015 04:49 PM by raphaelpro54.)
Ratchet & Clank - Size Matters bug (Kalidon)
Hello everyone Smile. Sorry if i write mistakes because i'm French.
I am encountering a issue with PPSSPP, in the game Ratchet & Clank - Size Matters in the planet named Kalidon. The problem is that when I go to the skyboarder challenges to get the "Shrink ray", when I enter in a challenge, the game just stuck at this screen (for 10 minutes now) :

I'm using a dumped .ISO from my PSP, and I have the French version. If you have a idea on how to fix it, i will be extremely greatful ... because if i can't pass these challenges, i can't continue the game and i am doing a Let's Play on it Confused
Thanks

Note : I have added a screenshot of the debugging console of PPSSPP

04-06-2015, 01:33 PM
Merged.

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
04-08-2015, 10:05 AM
RE: Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters [Part-resolved]
(04-06-2015 01:33 PM)vnctdj Wrote:  Merged.
Sorry but I think I've found what the problem is. Before I dump the UMD into ISO, UMDumper were saying that the file size will be around 959 MB and when I launch the ISO, the ISO size is only 749 MB. I suppose that's a problem with my UMD, I will try to resolve it with strange methods ^^"
04-08-2015, 12:32 PM (This post was last modified: 04-08-2015 12:58 PM by vnctdj.)
try with this file
[Censored]

Edit by vnctdj : Piracy is not allowed on our forum, please respect the rules.
04-10-2015, 05:50 AM
anyone found a workaround for the blackscreen bug Confused? makes my game unplayable Sad
04-10-2015, 12:34 PM
(04-10-2015 05:50 AM)Maniax2 Wrote:  anyone found a workaround for the blackscreen bug Confused? makes my game unplayable Sad

disable slower effects = off

This makes the game very slow on Android but playable on pc
04-11-2015, 05:14 AM
(04-10-2015 12:34 PM)bassop Wrote:  
(04-10-2015 05:50 AM)Maniax2 Wrote:  anyone found a workaround for the blackscreen bug Confused? makes my game unplayable Sad

disabled it same issue Sad , playing on my android device ... speed is pretty good so far is just that pesky black screen ><
04-11-2015, 06:43 AM
(04-11-2015 05:14 AM)Maniax2 Wrote:  

disabled it same issue Sad , playing on my android device ... speed is pretty good so far is just that pesky black screen ><

of course you need to enable buffered rendering, thus solve the problem of black screen but the game slows
04-13-2015, 05:02 AM
(04-11-2015 06:43 AM)bassop Wrote:  
(04-11-2015 05:14 AM)Maniax2 Wrote:  

of course you need to enable buffered rendering, thus solve the problem of black screen but the game slows

yeah you are right and eeew frame skiping :/ , guess ill go with daxter as platformer looks to run better...thanks for the info Big Grin
05-02-2015, 10:07 AM (This post was last modified: 05-02-2015 10:11 AM by Artasdmc.)
Ratchet and Clank Non buffered rendering problem.
Hey I'm not sure where to post this, I'm not used to forums and all that.

So I've got the latest emulator running on my LG G2 (Snapdragon 800 chipset) and on normal, buffered render, games are quite slow, wouldn't be a problem if audio didn't lag, that annoys me the most. But with buffered mode there are no graphical glitches though.

And then there's non-buffered mode which gives a lot of fps and makes the audio sound normal but as I noticed in Ratchet and Clank - Size matters it causes to render a black screen when particles are present, be it a particle when you jump and smash the hammer in the ground, kill an enemy and etc.

Is there a workaround or I'll have to wait for an update? Or it's never going to be updated for this game to work with non-buffered rendering?

And, am I wrong but is android version of PPSSPP just a port of the PC one? By that I mean it was not built from ground up just for ARM?

Since emulators like DraStic for NDS were build specifically for ARM and compared to any other NDS emulator it performs 10x better, since those others emulators were based off DeSmuME. And I don't think PPSSPP uses all resources possible since the phone didn't heat up after a long session. I didn't check the CPU usage in developer options in android so I don't know exactly how much of CPU it uses.

And anyways here's two screenshots, normal one where I just stand and the second one when I jump and do a hammer smash to the ground.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)