Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Analog stick wont read inputs correctly
07-13-2022, 07:39 PM
Analog stick wont read inputs correctly
I am using a dualshock 4 controller which I have checked reads inputs correctly on other software; however, with ppsspp my inputs in the north east direction as well as the south south east direction get locked into a sort of diagonal movement.

I've rebound my analog stick and have tried unplugging and replugging it into my computer with no results.

Any help would be much appreciated.
I checked for a related thread but couldn't find one that seemed related.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-15-2022, 01:57 AM
RE: Analog stick wont read inputs correctly
You may need to go under control settings -> calibrate and adjust the range of the analog. There's a setting to correct for square/circle differences.

The PSP expects to see a square but some controllers (including the DS4, iirc) only do a circle, so the corners have to be extended.

-[Unknown]
07-15-2022, 12:55 PM
RE: Analog stick wont read inputs correctly
(07-15-2022 01:57 AM)[Unknown] Wrote:  You may need to go under control settings -> calibrate and adjust the range of the analog. There's a setting to correct for square/circle differences.

The PSP expects to see a square but some controllers (including the DS4, iirc) only do a circle, so the corners have to be extended.

-[Unknown]

I tried that but it seemed to to persist. I managed to fix the issue by using ds4windows, I'm sure that there is a way to make it work without having to spoof my controls but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks for replying btw