Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What the heck is read word???
06-26-2022, 05:02 PM
What the heck is read word???
Just a quick question, what does this mean? this happens very rarely in GTA LCS but happens very frequently in VCS and Chinatown Wars(especially when I die or get busted in the game), is it because I am using too many cheats (I am using cheat device for LCS and VCS) or is it because it has something to do with the text? because based on the error name I assuming the game is having trouble rendering text, but I could be wrongRolleyes. is there any settings I need to change to make the latter games run more stably? Thank You.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-27-2022, 02:24 AM
RE: What the heck is read word???
It means the game ran into an error that, on a PSP, would've caused the PSP to just shut off or quit the game abruptly.

It could be due to the plugin you're using (I assume it is for right analog or something), a bug in PPSSPP, or an issue with the copy of the disc you're using (the latter is a pretty common cause of errors like this.) It can also be caused by cheats for sure, even if you've disabled them now (this is also quite a common cause.)

I'd recommend trying to save in game, and then delete any save states you've made. Restart PPSSPP, and load the save data using the in-game load feature. Make sure none of the cheats are on.

-[Unknown]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply