Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
Ridge Racer 2
04-05-2014, 10:33 PM (This post was last modified: 04-05-2014 11:15 PM by The Phoenix.)
Information RE: Ridge Racer 2
(04-05-2014 07:44 PM)Stevec Wrote:  Thx Henrik - I was hoping it was'nt just happening to my pc. lol
No its not just yours, its happening to all PC users.

Its also happening on Ridge Racer 1:

Also I might add, if you look at screenshot 2, that shows what is happening, if you look closely at the left of the speedo, its a copy of the building beening reshown but magified say 4 times, its like a buffer is being re-used instead of being cleared / destroyed first before being recycled.
Are there any other Sony first party games that do this, say the Wipeout games???
Update: Nope seems the Wipeout games run perfectly.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-07-2014, 07:15 AM
RE: Ridge Racer 2
Hi Guys.

Just an update. For me the fix (on android and Ios) was to turn buffered rendering off and disable the auto frameskip setting.

Ridge Racer 2 recorder using screen recorder, no audio recording unfortunately. Any choppiness in the video is due to the screen recording software.

The textures from the game seem to be bleeding over onto the black bars at the top and bottom of the screen, which is annoying. If anyone has any ideas on how to fix this please let me know.

Mobile: LG G2 Snapdragon 800
Laptop: Retina Macbook Pro OSX/Win7
05-03-2014, 06:05 PM
I'm running on a weak Android device, dual-core 1.2 ghz, armv7. I think I've tried tweaking every setting for this game and came out with a relatively playable game with some graphical glitches. I can only get it going semi-smoothly at about 25-30 fps with frameskip set to 1. It can get up to 60fps without frameskip, but takes a significant drop down to 30-35 fps(with choppy sound) in "busy" areas. There are some weird black lines that appear onscreen that I think is supposed to be a blur effect, when using a turbo boost? Anyone else getting this glitch?

Non-buffered rendering, frameskip 1, multi-threading on, cpu clock set to 60... These are the best results I could get for for a mid-range device.

Someone recommended nomone resolution changer. That requires operating system 4.3 and up and root. Not exactly a help for people with "average" devices...
06-23-2014, 02:56 PM
The Ridge Racer games now look good with buffered rendering, thanks to findings by [Unknown] that I adapted into a solution that was fast enough.
06-23-2014, 04:02 PM
(06-23-2014 02:56 PM)Henrik Wrote:  The Ridge Racer games now look good with buffered rendering, thanks to findings by [Unknown] that I adapted into a solution that was fast enough.

Good News Smile

Awesome work...
Thanks all PPSSP Dev ^_^
06-24-2014, 02:36 AM
Nice One again guys - works & looks great on latest build.

specs: win xp 32bit service pack 3 nvidia GT630 2048mb ram graphics card, dual core 3.0GHz 2gb ram pc user
06-24-2014, 07:56 AM
Unfortunatelly, the game is now terrible slow... Sad Also have strange halo effect around buildings and other objects. It looks to me like fields in heavy compressed avi movies.

My Android device:
Motorola XT894
JB 4.1.2 (debloated stock)
GPU: PowerVR SGX 540
DualCore Cortex A9 1,2 gHz (overclocked to 1404 mHz)
RAM: 1gb
06-25-2014, 01:19 AM
Information RE: Ridge Racer 2
(06-24-2014 07:56 AM)Laska Wrote:  Unfortunatelly, the game is now terrible slow... Sad Also have strange halo effect around buildings and other objects. It looks to me like fields in heavy compressed avi movies.
I take it you are talking about playing on your Android device?
06-25-2014, 07:00 AM
(06-25-2014 01:19 AM)The Phoenix Wrote:  
(06-24-2014 07:56 AM)Laska Wrote:  Unfortunatelly, the game is now terrible slow... Sad Also have strange halo effect around buildings and other objects. It looks to me like fields in heavy compressed avi movies.
I take it you are talking about playing on your Android device?

Yes, I'm only using android version of ppsspp. About one month ago this game runs perfect (little slowdowns) on my device.

My Android device:
Motorola XT894
JB 4.1.2 (debloated stock)
GPU: PowerVR SGX 540
DualCore Cortex A9 1,2 gHz (overclocked to 1404 mHz)
RAM: 1gb
09-21-2014, 06:40 PM
(06-23-2014 02:56 PM)Henrik Wrote:  The Ridge Racer games now look good with buffered rendering, thanks to findings by [Unknown] that I adapted into a solution that was fast enough.

First of all, massive kudos to all the devs who have gotten this far. Very impressive.

Now on this topic, the graphical glitches are still present on my end. I've tested with 0.9.9.1 stable & development build 501 - both are having issues.
Tried both OpenGL/D3D9, issues present on both but less severe with D3D9.

In both builds and rendering backends:
Buffered rendering ON -> pixelated texture overlay (below)
Buffered rendering OFF -> screen occasionally flickers (entire screen in OGL, part of the screen on D3D9)
Buffered rendering OFF & Frameskip OFF -> perfect

This is on windows 8.1 32bit, intel graphics (bay trail)

An example of what i'm talking about
Buffered rendering on (0.9.9.1, OpenGL):
i57.tinypic.com/14bpxkh.png <- not very noticeable in this screenshot
youtube.com/watch?v=88_drKlbyBc <- nearly unplayable
09-26-2014, 05:25 AM (This post was last modified: 09-26-2014 05:27 AM by opus10.)
ppsspp 0991 works well with default config on win7pro64 only "bug" was the digital spedometer but you can always hide it (i do anyway)
12-02-2014, 04:42 AM
Hi guys. With the recent news of PPSSPP supporting D3D soon, I was wondering if this means PPSSPP now supports the Oculus Rift with some games? If so, how is the experience? I'm particularly interested in how well Ridge Racers works. If Ridge Racers works with the Rift I honestly don't know if I will survive from a potential heart attack.
03-29-2015, 05:04 PM
No idea why but I can not accellerate. Using the latest version, selected a layout where accellerate is on X but Pressing x does not do anything. Any idea why?
08-05-2015, 04:46 PM
How are you guys enjoying Ridge Racer 2 these days? Any progress on AdHoc mode support? I'm hoping to get a new steering wheel sometime this or next year so I'll be back in the swing of things Smile
08-12-2015, 09:20 PM
Here's a kind of obscure bug I found: if you go to options -> AV player, and play one of the pre-recorded race replays, the replay will desync almost right after starting. This doesn't happen with replays you made yourself.

This will not affect anyone's enjoyment of the game probably, but it may be something interesting to look at.