Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Android Freezing Ad Hoc Pac Man World Rally
01-30-2023, 09:23 PM
Android Freezing Ad Hoc Pac Man World Rally
When playing Pac Man World Rally between two phones, it will freeze on particular levels (Usually Spooky's Castle and Funhouse). I do not have difficulty connecting, so anything you would recommend to someone who cannot connect at all is not relevant, as every other game has worked fine. I have tried both through my router and through my hotspot. I do not have fast memory on, I have my port offset to 10,000, but have tried others as well, everything is matched up correctly between the two devices. No cheats are enabled (they were, and it made no difference). The phones run the games fine, that isn't the issue. Everything is perfect except that one screen will freeze (the other stays fine usually) and the music even keeps playing.

Is the game just not going to work? Or does someone have experience with this? Thanks.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-04-2023, 03:14 PM
RE: Android Freezing Ad Hoc Pac Man World Rally
Check in System settings what I/O timing is set to and if you got force real clock sync enabled or not.
I/O timing=fast
Force real clock sync enabled
that's what I use and the game works fine when I played it but in my case it was a phone going against PC.
03-16-2023, 08:06 PM
Does it work for you really? Because I have now found that it freezes on actual Psps as well. Nightmare, ad hoc, two players, two cpu, spooky castle.
03-16-2023, 09:27 PM
And yet works on adrenaline on vita... Hmm, not sure what's going on here except some dodgy programming.
03-17-2023, 04:26 AM (This post was last modified: 03-17-2023 04:55 PM by AdamN.)
It's strange if it freezes on real PSP but not on Vita, but might have something to do with I/O timing (between UMD and ISO or even CSO can sometimes behave differently on some games)

Aces of War have freezing issue too, and according to this comment, it behave differently when using CSO and ISO on real PSP https://github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp/issue...1440017560
So may be Pac Man World Rally also have similar I/O issue.

You can try changing I/O timing method on PPSSPP to see whether any of them works better, and both players should use the same I/O timing method.

My Modified PPSSPP :
==============
Win32&64: https://www.dropbox.com/s/2t3mtdhb0f045cn/PPSSPP_1.11-testbuild_Win32x64.zip?dl=0
Android(ARMv7): https://www.dropbox.com/s/b41bm43mtn1gpnn/PPSSPP_1.11-testbuild_ARMv7.apk?dl=0
03-19-2023, 07:19 AM
I read that the PSP 3D GTA games got issues playing physical to digital copies so this makes sense here