Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
Yu-Gi-Oh! GX Tag Force 1 HD Cards Texture Pack
04-25-2022, 10:15 AM (This post was last modified: 06-06-2023 07:19 PM by chrisfand.)
Photo Yu-Gi-Oh! GX Tag Force 1 HD Cards Texture Pack
Texture pack for Yu-Gi-Oh! GX Tag Force 1
YOU MUST USE THE USA VERSION OF THE GAME AND ENGLISH LANGUAGE OR SOME STUFF WON'T WORK. (different hashes)

DOWNLOAD LINK
v1.0, HQ lossless PNGs (1.4GB), includes anime and TCG image options
https://drive.google.com/u/0/uc?id=1AMPI...t=download

v1.0 PNG-8 compression (500MB), with anime and tcg options. Recommended if you are playing on a handheld/phone screen or get stuttering with the HQ version
https://drive.google.com/u/0/uc?id=1aVPw...t=download

Changelog
v1.0
- Initial release

Info
  • Textures are 4x the original PSP resolution.
  • non-card textures are AI upscaled with realESRGAN
  • 3D models for characters and duel disks have been AI upscaled
  • All cards except tokens have replacement textures.
  • OCG artwork is used instead of TCG when possible. Some exceptions are Destiny Board, cards with English text, and TCG versions that just looked cooler in my opinion.
  • You can pick between TCG or Anime style cards.

Known Issues / Missing Textures
  • I'm not using quickhash, so performance might be terrible if you are using a very old device that is not 64-bit.
  • Some card names might not match if they changed name in the TCG since release. I obtained the most recent card names from Yugipedia.
  • Token cards are missing because there is no easy way to dump the hashes. If anyone wants to contribute them I can add it to the pack.
  • Large card images have random data in the bottom right corner when dumped, which means it might multiple hashes that are hard to obtain reliably. You might see the original texture until you go to a different card and go back. This mostly only happens in the Recipe Viewer or Card Album Menu. Card thumbnails have this problem too but I already got MOST of the hashes since it's not as severe.

Special Thanks
xan1242's CIPTool for dumping textures from the game
clickclaxer01 for translation, updated card frame textures, and other helpul info
epicepicness from YGOPRO2 forums for anime-style card images
Forum user GDO-KV2 for providing card icons and card frame textures
Forum user MiyamuraShiro for his Yu-Gi-Oh! Portuguese TF1 remaster project, which got me interested in starting this.
Konami for making Master Duel and modern Yu-Gi-Oh such an awful experience, leading me to go back to older games.

Before/After Comparisons
[Image: output-r-AIg-IA.gif]
[Image: gemini.gif]
[Image: output-I0f-WCT.gif]
[Image: output-wdqkxi.gif]
[Image: output-9-HOf-YJ.gif]
[Image: output-BENs-IA.gif]
[Image: output-1-Uk-Lhm.gif]
[Image: output-EUWIRt.gif]
[Image: output-f4x-YKT.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-26-2022, 04:10 AM
RE: Yu-Gi-Oh! GX Tag Force 1 HD Cards Texture Pack
Hey, Thanks for your hard work on refreshing these games.
I do have some questions regarding this one.
I tried with an EUR version with Japanese voice and some cards didn't work.Do I need to find a USA one and apply the Japanese voices myself cuz I can't find one on the internet.
I copy and paste all folders to ppsspp I also copied the pick your style folder between anime and tcg, or I have to choose one?
Thanks in advance!
04-26-2022, 02:55 PM
(04-26-2022 04:10 AM)John29th Wrote:  Hey, Thanks for your hard work on refreshing these games.
I do have some questions regarding this one.
I tried with an EUR version with Japanese voice and some cards didn't work.Do I need to find a USA one and apply the Japanese voices myself cuz I can't find one on the internet.
I copy and paste all folders to ppsspp I also copied the pick your style folder between anime and tcg, or I have to choose one?
Thanks in advance!

Hi, you need the USA version (it can be with JP voice patch or not). The EUR version card images are slightly different so the hash will not match for texture replacement. Some stuff also might not work if you pick a language other than English (game may use different files for other languages leading to different hashes).

For the styles, just pick one of the textures.ini files and place it in the root folder. You don't copy/paste the folders, just the .ini file inside them.
04-26-2022, 03:20 PM
Thank you very much for your reply and sorry for double posting, It works like a charm with USA version flawlessly. I'll try to put the Japanese voices also.
I already have the others games you made for my ppsspp and I have no words for your dedication.
Cheers!
05-01-2022, 08:46 PM (This post was last modified: 05-01-2022 08:46 PM by kyzerangelo.)
You just made this game look like an remastered current gen game, honestly Konami should pay you lol, great work.
06-24-2022, 09:45 PM (This post was last modified: 06-25-2022 05:58 PM by Xyn Raven.)
What should I expect when I apply this on the EUR version, obviously provided I picked English?

Edit: So I just tried to install it, and turns out the installation instructions are designed for when you install PPSSPP onto the PC rather than just download it. Is that a must, or is there a way for me to install it without having to switch from folder-based to installed program?

Edit #2: I figured out the way. I just went into the Developer Tools and basically created a textures folder, which then let me replace the textures.

Saw the difference for EUR. Some textures were replaced, others not. I'll just play it safe and remove the texture pack.
06-25-2022, 07:39 PM
(06-24-2022 09:45 PM)Xyn Raven Wrote:  What should I expect when I apply this on the EUR version, obviously provided I picked English?

Edit: So I just tried to install it, and turns out the installation instructions are designed for when you install PPSSPP onto the PC rather than just download it. Is that a must, or is there a way for me to install it without having to switch from folder-based to installed program?

Edit #2: I figured out the way. I just went into the Developer Tools and basically created a textures folder, which then let me replace the textures.

Saw the difference for EUR. Some textures were replaced, others not. I'll just play it safe and remove the texture pack.

As you can see in the red text at the beginning of the post, some textures may not work because of different hash addresses. This means the texture replacements will just be ignored.

The installation instructions work the same regardless of PC, Switch, iOS, etc. It will be wherever you installed PPSSPP; Just create the folders if they don't exist.
07-30-2022, 04:04 PM
(06-25-2022 07:39 PM)chrisfand Wrote:  
(06-24-2022 09:45 PM)Xyn Raven Wrote:  What should I expect when I apply this on the EUR version, obviously provided I picked English?

As you can see in the red text at the beginning of the post, some textures may not work because of different hash addresses. This means the texture replacements will just be ignored.

The installation instructions work the same regardless of PC, Switch, iOS, etc. It will be wherever you installed PPSSPP; Just create the folders if they don't exist.

Is there any possibility that you guys do a EU version of this? Would be really nice for players that already have saved files over there! Thank you
08-01-2022, 04:49 AM
As cartas grandes elas foram refeitas manualmente?? No photoshop coreldraw?????

Como foi o processo pra fazer as cartas grandes????

Cortes???
Posição da art???
Posição do nome???
Fonte de texto usada???
09-19-2022, 01:33 PM
Excellent work, if you can correct the error in the artwork of the "Book of life" card in the ANIME version, I would greatly appreciate it.

NOTE: In the Tag force 3 mod I also found the same error with the artwork of this card.
10-08-2022, 07:21 PM
I downloaded and tested it on the ULUS10136 (USA) version, but the only thing that worked was the card frames and duelists pictures, so I went to test it with the version ULJM05151 (JAP), It worked better, the textures were correct, however there were still some cards that the texture does not replace, I have not yet tested it with the (EUR) version of the game.

I play on an Android (11)
Ppsspp version: 1.13.2
Idk If this changes anything in my information, but if you need it, it's there, and it didn't work well as said in the red letters in the USA version
02-26-2023, 03:22 AM
This was amazing!
05-16-2023, 12:20 AM
No plans for a TF2 pack?
05-28-2023, 04:21 AM (This post was last modified: 05-29-2023 08:56 PM by Growlanser.)
Found a mistake. Book of Life has the wrong small artwork https://i.imgur.com/hEpyflo.jpg any way to fix it manually?

Found some more:
https://i.imgur.com/ejzpqCV.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/xuX4oYT.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/rKpbrFR.jpg

This one has the TCG and OCG artwork mixed up. I think you were only meant to use the OCG one right?
https://i.imgur.com/THG96HQ.jpg

Another one with mixed TCG/OCG artwork
https://imgur.io/Ngmeot1

I can also confirm that the mistaken small card artwork shows up in duels. Saw it with Book of Life and Final Flame.
05-29-2023, 07:26 PM (This post was last modified: 05-29-2023 08:58 PM by Growlanser.)
It seems this only affects the anime style artwork. I checked the files and the small artwork of the cards that have an incorrect one is completely missing (so no way to fix it manually) and the mixed TCG/OCG ones have the OCG small artwork. But the TCG small artwork is fine. It has the correct TCG small artwork for Final Flame and Tremendous Fire and the other cards small artwork isn't missing. The anime style small artwork needs an update to correct this, until then only the TCG one is worth using and I recommend everyone who read this to use that.