Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
Yu-Gi-Oh! GX Tag Force 1 HD Cards Texture Pack
05-31-2023, 03:06 AM
RE: Yu-Gi-Oh! GX Tag Force 1 HD Cards Texture Pack
All of that should be fixed soon. Have huge updates coming to the packs along with new ones for the missing games. Resuming work after I got burnt out for almost a year after spending so much time on this. Will also be including the choice of all OCG artwork for the purists. Subscribe to the PPSSPP threads for updates or add me on Discord (ChrisF#9795) as I don't check these forums often.

Just to mention a few:
- virtually zero texture stuttering
- massively reduced texture pack size with no quality loss
- multi-region support
- textures for all included languages
- card rarity colors
- all card hashes, including tokens
- custom duel field graphics
- HD duel UI and icons
- HD menu text
- rush duel card texture option
- new and improved 4kids anime card textures
- lots of other miscellaneous HD textures (faces, backgrounds, etc.)
- some other custom options when installing the pack
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-31-2023, 05:26 PM
Hi there!
Sorry, I don't mean to step on any toes, but I posted a new texture pack yesterday with new cards and includes most of the hashes with tokens and such, as well as upscaled faces, background, etc. A lot of the faces work had to be edited manually after AI upscaling, which took a while...
Hadn't seen you on here for a while so I thought I'd try and help get it done. The only thing I haven't done yet is the anime style cards.
06-02-2023, 12:07 AM (This post was last modified: 06-02-2023 06:06 AM by Growlanser.)
@chrisfand Thanks for the unexpected update! Glad to see you back at it. Can't wait for the TF2 pack and 1 & 3 updates. Keep up the good work.

@MikeyMK your packs and approaches are different enough to be able to coexist.
06-06-2023, 07:12 PM
(06-24-2022 09:45 PM)MikeyMK Wrote:  Hi there!
Sorry, I don't mean to step on any toes, but I posted a new texture pack yesterday with new cards and includes most of the hashes with tokens and such, as well as upscaled faces, background, etc. A lot of the faces work had to be edited manually after AI upscaling, which took a while...
Hadn't seen you on here for a while so I thought I'd try and help get it done. The only thing I haven't done yet is the anime style cards.

No toes stepped on, glad someone else showed interest in working on these games. I'm interested in what route you took for automation of image matching and generating the small card images. Assuming you scraped Yugipedia for the card rarities too?

If you'd like to work together send me a DM on Discord: ChrisF#9795

I'm currently working on getting the card rarity colors to look good with a nice gradient for gold and silver before remaking all the small and large card images.
06-10-2023, 01:27 AM
Hello Chris, i just want to say thank you for your job on the texture pack for TF, its amazing. I've launch TF 3 with your texture pack, in the deck creation menu, the card still like the original game ( no HD upgrade ) it is normal or not ? Before i go download TF6 i wanted to ask you if the deck creation menu still normal or got upgrade with Hd texture ? Thanks again for time spent on the texture pack ? ( PS : sry i'm not very good in english xD )
06-11-2023, 12:42 AM (This post was last modified: 06-11-2023 12:43 AM by chrisfand.)
(06-24-2022 09:45 PM)Tonkin Jr Wrote:  Hello Chris, i just want to say thank you for your job on the texture pack for TF, its amazing. I've launch TF 3 with your texture pack, in the deck creation menu, the card still like the original game ( no HD upgrade ) it is normal or not ? Before i go download TF6 i wanted to ask you if the deck creation menu still normal or got upgrade with Hd texture ? Thanks again for time spent on the texture pack ? ( PS : sry i'm not very good in english xD )

Hi, I'm pretty sure I only did the tiny card thumbnails in the deck edit menu for Tag Force 1. I'm working on updating them for the other Tag Force games at the moment though. Also the card textures only work when the game language is set to English (other languages in progress).
06-14-2023, 11:38 AM (This post was last modified: 06-14-2023 11:40 AM by -Kupo-.)
I converted the texture.ini to the german language some weeks ago. I'll just drop a link here in case there are fellow germans who are interested. It also includes some UI touch ups here and there (and german UI textures ofc).
It was just a weekend project though, so don't expect it to be complete.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1...sp=sharing
06-18-2023, 01:29 PM
@Chrisfand, thanks for saying so! Actually I did the card matching manually... It was not efficient but I'm learning more as I go along. Got the card rarities from the game directly just checking each image basically.
06-27-2023, 01:48 AM
Hello, image of spell card book of life error, mismatch image.

Attached File(s)
.jpg  20230627_094653.jpg (Size: 131.66 KB / Downloads: 169)
07-03-2023, 02:29 AM
Is there a way we can help chrisfand? Does anyone have the tools he's using?
09-18-2023, 11:55 AM
I absolutely love you work. Thank you so much!
Currently slowly playing my way through Tag Force 1 and cant wait to try the other games in the series as well! <3
09-28-2023, 12:04 AM
Hey! i love you're texture stuff! Sadly I have downloaded two of them so far and only one works and it's not the greatest, my cards are still very pixilated. But that's about tag force 3! Anyway I was wondering why you didn't do one for tag force 2, 4 or 5?
01-31-2024, 08:14 PM
hi can anyone help me please i am trying to get the anime cardS to show up in gameplay in yugioh tag force 1 AND also yugioh tag force arc v English patch but its not showing up i already replaced the textures.ini for the TCG image but its not the anime cards how do i do it ? i am using the usa game for tag force 1,2,4,5 the eu game for tag force 3 and english patch for 6 and arc v special
02-15-2024, 04:58 PM
Bro i have a problem with this. After aplying the HD Textures mi phone heatens up a lot. Can you help me to fix this??? Btw i have a Samsung S21 with a Exynos 2100 processor and 8 Gb RAM.
02-15-2024, 06:36 PM (This post was last modified: 02-15-2024 06:38 PM by Growlanser.)
I have a S20 Plus and have no heating up issues. I think the CPU this phone uses might be more efficient. I heard is one of the best.

Oh, you have the European phone which doesn't use Snapdragon CPUs. I have heard Exynos are inferior.