Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Trouble seeing other players on Monster Hunter Freedom
04-13-2022, 06:10 PM
Trouble seeing other players on Monster Hunter Freedom
Hi

I am having trouble seeing other players on Monster Hunter Freedom. I have opened the ports on the BT homehub we have. It says network initialised and I can go into the gathering hub and there are no error messages but I cannot see anyone on there. I am not using a VPN but I have also tried one too. All firewall is turned off and no anti virus is blocking it.

I have looked at every guide I can find and followed them all.

Does anyone have any ideas what I can do? Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-18-2022, 07:29 PM
RE: Trouble seeing other players on Monster Hunter Freedom
What is BT homehub? are you using 4G internet connection?

If you use mobile data connection such as 3G/4G you won't be able to use public Adhoc Server such as socom.cc, because most mobile data ISP will blocks incoming data from the internet.
The only workaround is by using VPN, which mean you will need to use built-in Adhoc Server and can only plays with people connected to the same VPN with you.

There is also Port Offset issue, you need to make sure everyone playing together to use the same Port Offset value, the default is 10000 but some players might change their Port Offset, thus won't be able to see each other.

My Modified PPSSPP :
==============
Win32&64: https://www.dropbox.com/s/2t3mtdhb0f045cn/PPSSPP_1.11-testbuild_Win32x64.zip?dl=0
Android(ARMv7): https://www.dropbox.com/s/b41bm43mtn1gpnn/PPSSPP_1.11-testbuild_ARMv7.apk?dl=0
04-25-2022, 07:19 PM
RE: Trouble seeing other players on Monster Hunter Freedom
(04-18-2022 07:29 PM)AdamN Wrote:  What is BT homehub? are you using 4G internet connection?

If you use mobile data connection such as 3G/4G you won't be able to use public Adhoc Server such as socom.cc, because most mobile data ISP will blocks incoming data from the internet.
The only workaround is by using VPN, which mean you will need to use built-in Adhoc Server and can only plays with people connected to the same VPN with you.

There is also Port Offset issue, you need to make sure everyone playing together to use the same Port Offset value, the default is 10000 but some players might change their Port Offset, thus won't be able to see each other.

Hi sorry for the late reply. Thank you for the help in your post. I managed to get it working though. Now the problem I'm having is finding anyone to play with hahaha