Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 4.75 Average
Yu-Gi-Oh! ARC-V Tag Force Special HD Cards Texture Pack
04-19-2022, 12:27 AM
RE: Yu-Gi-Oh! ARC-V Tag Force Special HD Cards Texture Pack
This is absolutely spectacular. I've just tested it and it looks and runs great.
Here are a couple of things I've noticed/suggestions/constructive criticism:
・I can confirm the texture pack works on the original Japanese version of the game without needing any kind of editing.
・I'm personally not a huge fan of the texture edits in the "characters" and "unsorted" folders (I don't think the upscaling turned out too well). However, not installing them is as easy as not copying those folders. It's great that I can pick and choose what parts of the pack I want to install and what I don't.
・This texture pack looks at its best at a rendering resolution and window size of at least 4x.
・New textures take a little while to load in each time you start the game, so if you have a blurry card deselect and and reselect once or twice and it should load in just fine.
・The card names are all in English. I'm a bit of an extreme purist when it comes to Yu-Gi-Oh!, so my personal preference would have been Japanese names. However, this texture pack represents such an incredibly huge leap forward in quality that I still HEAVILY recommend using it even if you are as stubborn as I am.
・This texture pack is simply the best way to play Tag Force. From this point forward playing Tag Force without this texture pack is playing Tag Force "the old way". If you are playing Tag Force on ppsspp, know this texture pack exists, and aren't using it, you are doing yourself a huge disservice.
・As I feel that this is now the definitive way to experience Tag Force, I would like to politely, and humbly, request chrisfand to create similar texture packs for all of the remaining Tag Force games. They have already provided packs for 3, 6, and Special, so the games that currently don't have texture packs are 1, 2, 4, and 5. I would personally love to to have such a great reason to replay the whole series from the start.
Tag Force is a series both wonderful and flawed; with this texture pack chrisfand has excised one of its biggest and most obvious flaws.
Thank you.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Yu-Gi-Oh! ARC-V Tag Force Special HD Cards Texture Pack - FlurrieFour - 04-19-2022 12:27 AM