Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
[Windows] Custom controls on pad
05-06-2013, 10:53 PM (This post was last modified: 05-07-2013 12:15 AM by isamu.)
RE: [Windows] Custom controls on pad
I believe Xpadder is one of the best programs to come out for windows in a long time. However with that having been said, there is another fantastic program you guys should check out called Frank N Stick.

http://www.franknstik.com/index.php?page_id=1

This little utility has been flying under the radar for years, and not many people are aware of it. It does everything Xpadder can do, but what it offers over Xpadder is the ability to *combine* all of your USB joysticks into ONE virtual joystick! That means for those of you with multiple devices(ie steering wheels, pedals, H-gate shifters, Xbox gamepads, etc) you can combine them all into one device and any game or emulator you play will allow you to use that virtual joystick. The settings in Frank N Stick allow you to map buttons from ANY of your multiple devices to ANY joystick key or keyboard key! You can even set up profiles that automatically load upon each game/emulator you launch.

You guys should really check it out.

http://www.franknstik.com/help/index.html
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-08-2013, 02:46 PM
(05-06-2013 10:53 PM)isamu Wrote:  I believe Xpadder is one of the best programs to come out for windows in a long time. However with that having been said, there is another fantastic program you guys should check out called Frank N Stick.

http://www.franknstik.com/index.php?page_id=1

This little utility has been flying under the radar for years, and not many people are aware of it. It does everything Xpadder can do, but what it offers over Xpadder is the ability to *combine* all of your USB joysticks into ONE virtual joystick! That means for those of you with multiple devices(ie steering wheels, pedals, H-gate shifters, Xbox gamepads, etc) you can combine them all into one device and any game or emulator you play will allow you to use that virtual joystick. The settings in Frank N Stick allow you to map buttons from ANY of your multiple devices to ANY joystick key or keyboard key! You can even set up profiles that automatically load upon each game/emulator you launch.

You guys should really check it out.

http://www.franknstik.com/help/index.html

OK, so it can be useful for people who have several devices Smile

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
05-17-2013, 05:21 AM
this doesnt work until i download XInput, tweak the .ini file and then put the files into PPSSPP folder
05-17-2013, 04:16 PM
(05-17-2013 05:21 AM)Dezaki Wrote:  this doesnt work until i download XInput, tweak the .ini file and then put the files into PPSSPP folder

My tutorial is working... You certainly have made a mistake Undecided

♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
05-17-2013, 10:35 PM
I don't know what's going on, but PPSSPP isn't recognizing my steering wheel at all. I was previously using PPJOY as the default DirectInput (virtual)device and it was working fine, but I had to uninstall ppjoy it because it was causing problems for some other programs I run. The the fact that PPSSPP is NOT acknowledging my steering wheel, which is simply a standard USB HID Compliant DirectInput game device, is strange. However I've found a work around by using an x360 xinput app to deliver the signal to my wheel as an xinput device, coupled with xpadder for the buttons. Still, I'm curious to know what's up with DInput support?
05-18-2013, 08:05 AM
(05-17-2013 10:35 PM)isamu Wrote:  I don't know what's going on, but PPSSPP isn't recognizing my steering wheel at all. I was previously using PPJOY as the default DirectInput (virtual)device and it was working fine, but I had to uninstall ppjoy it because it was causing problems for some other programs I run. The the fact that PPSSPP is NOT acknowledging my steering wheel, which is simply a standard USB HID Compliant DirectInput game device, is strange. However I've found a work around by using an x360 xinput app to deliver the signal to my wheel as an xinput device, coupled with xpadder for the buttons. Still, I'm curious to know what's up with DInput support?

Have you already forced DirectInput in the Control settings?

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

PPSSPP Modern Testbed:-
Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.0 GHz
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 760 2GB GDDR5 VRAM @ 1138/6500 Mhz
16 GB DDR3 RAM @ 1600 MHz
Windows 7 x64 SP1

PPSSPP Ancient Testing Rig:-
Intel Core 2 Duo T9550 @ 2.8GHz
ATI Mobility Radeon 4670 1GB GDDR3 VRAM @ 843/882 MHz
8 GB DDR3 RAM @ 1066 MHz
Windows 7 x64 SP1
05-18-2013, 09:09 AM (This post was last modified: 05-18-2013 09:11 AM by Afinda.)
I'm using Xpadder mainly for Monster Hunter Freedom to make it what it could've been. Even moar awesome by being able to look around with the right Stick instead of the Digipad Big Grin

Though while your Tutorial is "Okay" it certainly isn't detailed. After all i had to setup each Button/Axis and once THAT was done, i had then to assign (using the little wrench next to my right stick) that moving the stick L/R would result in Key L/R. Xpadder can be confusing if you don't know how to create an Layout :/

*if only sound would fully work now i'd be in heaven*
05-18-2013, 01:47 PM
(05-18-2013 09:09 AM)Afinda Wrote:  I'm using Xpadder mainly for Monster Hunter Freedom to make it what it could've been. Even moar awesome by being able to look around with the right Stick instead of the Digipad Big Grin

Though while your Tutorial is "Okay" it certainly isn't detailed. After all i had to setup each Button/Axis and once THAT was done, i had then to assign (using the little wrench next to my right stick) that moving the stick L/R would result in Key L/R. Xpadder can be confusing if you don't know how to create an Layout :/

*if only sound would fully work now i'd be in heaven*

It's difficult to explain how to configure Xpadder... Undecided
But apparently you have succeeded in making it working Wink

The sound problem will be fixed with the 0.8 version, we just have to be patient ! Wink

♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
05-19-2013, 10:34 AM (This post was last modified: 05-19-2013 10:37 AM by Seldzar.)
Hey vnctdj !!

Je te parle en Francais je suis trop nul en anglais

J'ai un probleme avec XPadder, j'utilise une manette XBOX 360 pour MHFU mais je n'arrive pas à configurer XPadder pour que les croix de direction soient inversées avec le pad gauche :'(

Si tu pouvais me venir en aide, je te serais hyper reconnaissant, je ne comprends pas grand chose à l'anglais

... et il faudrait aussi que le pad de droite soit configuré pour que on l'utilise pour tourner autour du personnage :-3

Je suis certain que c'est possible à cofigurer, mais hélas je suis trop mauvais pour y arriver tout seul :'(

Merci d'avance Smile
05-19-2013, 11:40 AM
(05-19-2013 10:34 AM)Seldzar Wrote:  Hey vnctdj !!

Je te parle en Francais je suis trop nul en anglais

J'ai un probleme avec XPadder, j'utilise une manette XBOX 360 pour MHFU mais je n'arrive pas à configurer XPadder pour que les croix de direction soient inversées avec le pad gauche :'(

Si tu pouvais me venir en aide, je te serais hyper reconnaissant, je ne comprends pas grand chose à l'anglais

... et il faudrait aussi que le pad de droite soit configuré pour que on l'utilise pour tourner autour du personnage :-3

Je suis certain que c'est possible à cofigurer, mais hélas je suis trop mauvais pour y arriver tout seul :'(

Merci d'avance Smile

Je t'envoie un message par MP dans un instant Wink

♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
05-21-2013, 06:11 AM
Somehow I can't use the Arrow Keys on my PlayStation 3 Controller. I can't even modify them at the Settings since I have the new Build...

Any Solution for that?
05-21-2013, 05:22 PM (This post was last modified: 05-21-2013 05:22 PM by vnctdj.)
(05-21-2013 06:11 AM)Flare Wrote:  Somehow I can't use the Arrow Keys on my PlayStation 3 Controller. I can't even modify them at the Settings since I have the new Build...

Any Solution for that?

That's strange, I tested with the latest build (at the moment I write it's v0.7.6-741-gdde85e5) and I have no problem. So it's not due to PPSSPP...

You should retry to follow my tutorial step by step carefully and look at the replies in this thread, maybe there are some useful ones for you Smile

♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
05-21-2013, 06:53 PM (This post was last modified: 05-21-2013 06:54 PM by Flare.)
It works, not sure what caused the problem but ya. Playing FF Type-0 without Arrow Keys well ... is seriously a bad Idea xD
05-21-2013, 07:28 PM (This post was last modified: 05-21-2013 07:29 PM by vnctdj.)
(05-21-2013 06:53 PM)Flare Wrote:  It works, not sure what caused the problem but ya. Playing FF Type-0 without Arrow Keys well ... is seriously a bad Idea xD

Glad that you have succeeded ! Smile

♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
05-24-2013, 07:21 AM
Xpadder keeps freezing on Win 8 x86 even in compatibility mode. what should I do?..