Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
my ps4 controller is not being detected just in ppsspp in a really weird way...
03-13-2022, 02:41 AM
my ps4 controller is not being detected just in ppsspp in a really weird way...
i used to play ppsspp on an older laptop with a ps4 controller. it worked perfectly back then with no problems. until the beginning of 2021, i bought an Acer Helios 700 laptop with a ps5 controller. i copied all my emulators from the past laptop to the new one with a usb. when it comes to pcsx2 and rpcs3 they works fine to this day with zero problems. it's the ppsspp that gives me the weird thing where it refuses to detect my ps5 controller. at first i thought that it just is not compatible with ps5 yet since it's new. and my old ps4 controller doesn't work anymore (it's just broken, it's not about ppsspp) so i thought that one day i'll buy a new one and set it up. and that brings us to yesterday, where i bought a new ps4 controller and tried to play with it. but for some reason it doesnt work on ppsspp. "doesn't work" is taking it lightly, it literally doesn't get detected by ppsspp and ppsspp only. steam, no problem. game devices tracker, no problem. i have it connected in Bluetooth and i have the cable to plug it in. it works everywhere in the entire laptop except ppsspp. i tried using DS4Windows to make the emulator think I'm using an Xbox controller, but it was useless. i tried antimicro to do about the same, still no use. it's like the controllers don't even exist just when it comes to ppsspp.
i've looked through a lot of threads, I've looked through a lot of YouTube vids, but all were in vain since i still have the same problem. then i thought to myself maybe while copying from my old laptop something got corrupted or the version was old, so i downloaded the latest version available but it was all useless.
i honestly gave up so i'm putting all my faith on this one thread. I've tried checking every single corner in my pc to know the problem. I've disconnected and reconnected all my controllers and devices one by one to see the problem.
nothing worked.
i would really appreciate any help i can get right now.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-13-2022, 02:25 PM
RE: my ps4 controller is not being detected just in ppsspp in a really weird way...
If your gamepads are xinput, they should be detected normally, but I'd recommend against using wrappers.

If your gamepads are using dinput you have to select whichever you want to use as default gamepad in windows controller options. I suspect that's your case althrough I'd rather use Xbox one/series controllers nowadays since third party ones include combo buttons, rollers and other options plus full compatibility with anything released for or ported to windows.

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=6594 - Custom PPSSPP Shaders!
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=3590&pid=117172#pid117172 - simple CE scripts to help creating CWCheats,
https://github.com/LunaMoo/PPSSPP_workarounds - CWCheat workarounds.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply