Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Issues with Memory-Stick since last update
02-03-2022, 07:06 AM
Issues with Memory-Stick since last update
Hi Folks,

i using lr-ppsspp on a Raspberry Pi4 (Retropie 4.7.20).
I updated lr-ppsspp three days ago and have issues since then concerning saves.

In General i cannot use any of my previous saves on the memory stick for any game.
But this would be ok, as far as Achievements are now available with the latest Retroarch Update i am fine with that.
But a lot of games dont save at all anymore :/
I.e. "Ultimate Ghost & Goblins" tells me "Insufficent memory left on Memorystick, 384kb needed".
Other Games act the same with different error-messages: "saving not possible" etc.

I got four some working well (Peggle, OMG Zombies, Pilot Academy,...) but most of the psp-games have problems with the memory stick now.

I allready realized that the paths have changed, from "/roms/psp/psp/system/savestates" to "/roms/psp/savstates/", the working games did their saves there in the last 3 days.

Has anything else changed which could cause that issue?

Thanks in Advance and kind regards!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-04-2022, 06:33 AM (This post was last modified: 02-04-2022 12:16 PM by SirALX.)
RE: Issues with Memory-Stick since last update
Update: i updated lr-ppsspp from source again yesterday hoping that this solves the problem.
I did not, it got worse: now no game saves at all, "not enough space available on Memory stick ProDuo".
I tried to generate a savestate with ppsspp-standalone and copy this one to the lr-ppsspp save-folder.
It worked once!
The Game (Williams Hall of Fame Pinball) started with this copied save-state and wrote a save file in "/home/pi/RetroPie/roms/psp/savedata/".
But with the next try to austosave the score after playing a table the error occured again "not enough space available" :/
I have absolutely no idea what happened, i did not change any settings, i only updated the core.

EDIT: just found another guy who has the same problem, also since last Monday, using lr-ppsspp on a Nintendo Switch after updating Retroarch.
Could this caused the issue? I also updated Retroarch before i updated lr-ppsspp to version 1.10.0 to get support for the retro-achievements.
02-14-2022, 06:00 AM (This post was last modified: 02-14-2022 07:20 AM by SirALX.)
After hours of tinkering i got it!!!

It was the Retroachievements!
With the update of Retroarch 1.9.7 -> 1.10.0 the PSP-Support for Achievements has been introduced to the Raspberry Pi.

And RA also changed another thing: the Achievements start in "Hardcore-Mode" by default now.
In Hardcore-Mode special rules have to be followed, i.e. Save-States are not allowed.
I dont know what excatly happened, but i guess that somehow these mechanisms do affect the general in-game-saving-ability of lr-ppsspp.
Once i deactivated the Hardcore-Mode all games save fine again! Big Grin

And i also found out why i seem to be the only one affected: on the RetroAchievements-Website i realized that not many people use PSP-Achievements at the moment: "12 of 28 possible Users got the Achievement".

OK, 28 users in total, so i might be the only one using a Raspberry Pi and lr-ppsspp there Wink
02-24-2022, 06:19 AM
UPDATE: no i have it working also with activated Hardcore-Mode in Retroachievements and everything is fine again.

After analysing the verbose-logs it showed that lr-ppsspp tries to create subfolders in a location that does not exist in the RetroPie-Installation.
After creating a subfolder "ppsspp" in the roms-directory and routing the savefiles there by adding "savefile_directory = "/home/pi/RetroPie/roms/ppsspp" to "opt/retropie/configs/psp/retroarch.cfg" in-game-saving works again under all circumstances.