Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What is "Screen" in Control Mapping???
01-05-2022, 06:18 AM
What is "Screen" in Control Mapping???
So recently I had to nuke the entire default control configuration(s) for a new controller I'm using, and while I had re-mapped the basic set-up for in-game interactions I seem to have lost the ability to quit to the homescreen on both my controller and keyboard.

I tried setting up a button or key for the "Home" hotkey, but that did nothing, either because it doesn't do what I think it does, or perhaps I had configured it wrong.

So that led me to experiment, I tried multiple options but nothing allows me to quit to the PPSSP homescreen like before with my escape key, I also tried "Screen" but that didn't do anything either, however my primary concern is whether or not I created an unwanted change by randomly trying out these keybinding's.

Like, what exactly is "Screen" and it's functionality? It doesn't take screenshots or whatever, so what is it?

Edit: Sorry it this is appearing as a copied thread, but it seems my first didn't show up.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-08-2022, 07:28 PM
RE: What is "Screen" in Control Mapping???
It should be the Pause button.

The "Home" and "Screen" buttons are for the PSP's physical buttons (screen changed the brightness of the display.) Sometimes cheats use these, and a couple games expect you to press the Home button when switching discs. They're not used in the vast majority of games, though.

-[Unknown]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply