Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
1.12 lag
10-19-2021, 01:40 AM
1.12 lag
In using oppo a74 5g the emulator runs perfectly in version 1.11 but at 1.12 games lag now, even when Im changing the settings the emulator also lags. When I open a game it loads slower. Is it because of my phone? Or should I wait for a new version that can fix this?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-19-2021, 03:41 AM
RE: 1.12 lag
Go into the settings, and select a new location for the Memory Stick data. The new version of Android is requiring us to use new, slower APIs for storage (older versions of PPSSPP will soon stop working on modern Android devices.)

That said, when you first upgrade, sometimes you may be in a "legacy" mode that is slow. If you go into the settings, you can select either App Private Data (PSP data will be deleted if you ever remove PPSSPP) or select a folder for data the "new" way. The new way should be faster than what you're seeing now.

-[Unknown]
10-19-2021, 08:00 AM
I did go to the setting and selected my old PSP file location but it's still slow. I created a new one and it is faster now but when I try to put my pspsavedata to the new one it lags again. I think I will still use the 1.11 version.
10-19-2021, 06:52 PM
Not sure if I'm facing this issue but noticed some slowdown. Would that affect saved game data?
Can I just move my old saves to the new folder?

My specs
Redmi Note 10.
Check My Profile For Tested Games(Bio Section)
Testing multiplayer - MGS PW - God Eater - Dbz

Contact me on Twitter @BradEDias for help with ppsspp
10-20-2021, 04:23 AM
You should be able to move your saves to the new folder.

It's unfortunate that this change is being forced - if your phone is running Android 12 or higher, you won't have the option of using older versions of PPSSPP anymore.

-[Unknown]
10-20-2021, 12:36 PM
I hope the next updates should fix my problem, I'm still encountering this slowdowns, should I update to android 12? Or stay in 11? because 1.11 still runs fine on Android 11.
10-21-2021, 08:34 AM
(10-19-2021 01:40 AM)Janp07 Wrote:  In using oppo a74 5g the emulator runs perfectly in version 1.11 but at 1.12 games lag now, even when Im changing the settings the emulator also lags. When I open a game it loads slower. Is it because of my phone? Or should I wait for a new version that can fix this?

Did you have a fix on this issue?
10-24-2021, 04:23 PM
I think this is the issue. It was happening on my phone recently when the update went live. I switched to the new storage path and copied all my saves over and got like way smoother performance

My specs
Redmi Note 10.
Check My Profile For Tested Games(Bio Section)
Testing multiplayer - MGS PW - God Eater - Dbz

Contact me on Twitter @BradEDias for help with ppsspp