Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Controller detection problem
10-17-2021, 08:07 PM
Controller detection problem
I'm using PPSSPP v1.12 and it works fine on my PC, but somehow the PS4 controller I use is no longer detected by the games the first time I connect it via usb. To make it work I have to reconnect the cable a second time, and it's VERY annoying/uncomfortable. The emulator itself recognise it with no problems and I can navigate on menus or map the buttons like a charm, but it stops working when I launch a game. I tryed other builds, but the issue persists. My controller is a DualShock 4 V2, and the program I use to connect it to Windows 11 is DS4Windows v3.0.18 (last version). Other emulators and Steam works fine, so I don't understand...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-01-2021, 10:19 AM (This post was last modified: 11-01-2021 11:26 AM by Kasey009.)
RE: Controller detection problem
PPSSPP is an emulator for Sony´s first handheld console, the PSP (PlayStation Portable), that is capable of playing the majority vidmate games on your laptop or desktop computer, including the increase in resolution that this brings with it.
11-09-2021, 04:36 AM (This post was last modified: 11-10-2021 03:33 AM by Smith457.)
(10-17-2021 08:07 PM)Viciounz Wrote:  I'm using PPSSPP v1.12 and it works fine on my PC, but somehow the PS4 controller I use is no longer detected by the games the first time I connect it via usb. To make it work I have to reconnect the cable a second time, and it's VERY annoying/uncomfortable. The emulator itself recognise it with no problems and I can navigate on menus or map the buttons like a charm, but it stops working when I launch a game. I tryed other builds, but the issue persists. My controller is a DualShock 4 V2, and the program I use to connect it to Windows 11 is DS4Windows v3.0.18 (last version). Other emulators and Steam works fine, so I don't understand...

Mine needed both Attempt 1 and 3 in order to work. As far as I can tell there hasn't been any impact to running the game in a 'non-admin' mode.

skylight paycards
11-09-2021, 05:44 PM
I solved by uninstalling DS4 Windows, you can close the topic.