Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
After Burner - Black Falcon *****1.16 Fixed*****
10-14-2021, 05:39 PM (This post was last modified: 10-09-2023 10:00 AM by Bavanity.)
After Burner - Black Falcon *****1.16 Fixed*****
Severe flashing on initial loading screen

Split down middle of menus

Sound doesn't work properly, in fact that's what makes the game unplayable - music doesn't play and effects get stuck on loop

It has been in this exact state for YEARS now, and I am begging the developer to fix it. It is my favourite after burner game of all time, and I am really wanting to play it in 4K.

Yes I have my PSP (although it's been years since I turned it on LOL, I wonder if it still works) and a UMD of the game that I have completed, but every PPSSPP release, I load it up in excitement to no avail. I wonder why this one game is so hard to fix? I have been through 3 different computers throughout the PPSSPP releases I have tried it on.

Funnily enough, it works in JPCSP, but upscaling is completely broken, in fact that app acts crazy so I uninstalled it ages ago.

Current Specs:
Alienware M17 R3
10980HK
2080S
32GB ram
Win 10 Pro 21H1

Cheers
I was finally moved to register at the forums to plead.

BTW I HAVE donated on an older email address, but I am happy to donate again, and again, once afterburner is fixed SmileBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-08-2023, 11:07 PM
RE: After Burner - Black Falcon
I just wanted to say thank you for this and let the public know it's working. The only issue now is a line through some still screens but who cares?

I am so wrapped and wanted to send out a HUGE thank you to the devs, it means a lot!

Sound is working, game is playing great at 8x res (no need to go higher to 10x as my panel is exactly 4k).

BTW it was 1.16 that fixed this game, if anyone is interested.

I am using D3D 11 backend as with that I can use VRR on my laptop. No tearing, looking the best it's ever looked. Controls are responsive. Playing this with an SN30 Pro 2 is night and day to a real PSP. PPSSPP is now the best way to play AB: Black Falcon.

Cheers!
*****happy dance******
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply