Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Crisis Core Graphical Glitch Help
10-07-2021, 10:52 PM
Crisis Core Graphical Glitch Help
I'm sorry for making a new thread for this, but all the others are either dead or asking for codes.

My problem is for Crisis Core FFVII. The US version (and probably others :/) emulated on windows 10. It involves graphical glitches on a certain scene in chapter 1. Angeal has vanished behind a "cloud". I've been trying to fix it for days now and have found only one other person with the same problem.

I've attached a shot from the other thread which has yet to receive a reply. I hope this is enough to go on and thank you to anyone who can help :3

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-14-2021, 11:44 AM
RE: Crisis Core Graphical Glitch Help
Hmm. Very strange. I had played through the game some years back and never had any issues. What are your settings?

My specs
Redmi Note 10.
Check My Profile For Tested Games(Bio Section)
Testing multiplayer - MGS PW - God Eater - Dbz

Contact me on Twitter @BradEDias for help with ppsspp
10-30-2021, 10:51 PM
(10-14-2021 11:44 AM)xboxmandude Wrote:  Hmm. Very strange. I had played through the game some years back and never had any issues. What are your settings?

God now you're asking lol, I'm not sure what you need but I'll put up some pics.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

10-31-2021, 06:26 AM (This post was last modified: 10-31-2021 06:26 AM by LunaMoo.)
You have simulate block transfer effects disabled which is bad, can and will cause glitches, also re-enabling it might not fix what's already glitched until you restart emulation and reload the game from normal in-game save with it active since those effects can be loaded way earlier than when they show.

Second thing, why are you using D3D9? Is that the only backend you can use? If the above wasn't the culprit, this is, since it's the least compatible backend, kept only for performance& compatibility with some old intel graphics that either didn't supported anything else or performed poorly outside of it, on modern and/or dedicated graphics it should be avoided as it's really outdated and some effects are impossible to be emulated correctly using this backend. If you can switch to another one and it doesn't tank your fps, do it, as glitches with forever hunt that backend, otherwise you'll have to accept some problems until you get more modern hardware.

I'd recommend downloading latest version since 1.11.3 is pretty ancient by now. Either last stable 1.12.3 or latest version from buildbot, but I doubt it will help as your problem is probably related to one of the two above.

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=6594 - Custom PPSSPP Shaders!
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=3590&pid=117172#pid117172 - simple CE scripts to help creating CWCheats,
https://github.com/LunaMoo/PPSSPP_workarounds - CWCheat workarounds.