Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
PPSSPP 1.12 is out!
10-06-2021, 06:50 PM
PPSSPP 1.12 is out!
Finally a new release! PPSSPP now supports Android 12 and the new Android storage model, "Scoped Storage". For more details on what that means, see this guide.

As usual, the Android version will be rolled out gradually, you'll see it in the Play Store within a week.

In addition to fully supporting Android 12, PPSSPP 1.12 includes a lot of bugfixes and new features. From new UI background options to a lot of game fixes, and for those of you adventurous enough to try the experimental multiplayer support, it works better than ever. Thanks to all the contributors who made this all possible!

The list is way too long to display here in full this time, but here's an assortment of improvements since 1.11:

* Support for Android 12 Scoped Storage
* Lots of updated UI, like a new joystick calibration system and many new touch control options, new backgrounds
* Built-in CRC calculator, to be able to check with others that your ISO is valid
* Many, many multiplayer fixes
* Numerous game fixes
* Savestate Undo for both load and save
* Many graphical glitches fixed, and new texture filtering option Auto Max Quality for smooth texturing
* New audio options, like choose whether to switch to newly plugged in devices, reverb volume, etc
* And much more!

Go to https://www.ppsspp.org for the download as usual, or get it on the Play Store as it rolls out.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-06-2021, 11:41 PM
RE: PPSSPP 1.12 is out!
I just installed this latest build and thanks for all the hard work but my controller isn't working in the menu or in game. This is the first build that it won't work. I checked all the settings even did an auto detect it finds the controller I can even map the controller but when I'm back in the menu or in game nothing responds. Hopefully I'm overlooking something simple. I reverted back to the play store build and everything worked again so not sure

Thank you
10-11-2021, 03:50 AM
The update has 2 bugs. The first being slow save states;It takes 6 seconds to save state when it usually takes 2 seconds.The second bug is the glitchy frame skipping.
10-11-2021, 07:29 PM
(10-11-2021 03:50 AM)4LPH4 Wrote:  It takes 6 seconds to save state when it usually takes 2 seconds.

Try disabling the option in System "Savestate slot backups"

Using PPSSPP on Windows 7 x64 SP1
i7 4771 3.5Ghz,GTX750TI,16GB RAM

Batch iso <=> cso converter
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=5384
Save Game\States Manager
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=5516
10-12-2021, 09:43 AM
its still the same even when disabled.The older versions don't seem to bug out though.
10-18-2021, 07:53 AM
Everything is very open with a clear description of the issues. It was truly informative. Your website is very helpful. Many thanks for sharing!
10-21-2021, 11:51 AM
I use the old version of PPSSPP that doesn't have a slow save state and it has the same settings as the 1.12.3 version. I can't tell if it is an issue with the new version or the settings.Its certainly not my phone which is an Oppo A3s and runs games very smoothly.
10-22-2021, 11:52 AM
Loving the new version. Appreciate all the hard work.

A lot of performance improvements I've noticed since I updated to 1.12.3. Haven't tested all the multiplayer stuff, but I'm going to be trying out peace walker and God eater and maybe some DBZ.

New UI is cool. Not sure how I feel about the controls menu changes. It was a bit confusing to remap all my touch controls and figure out where the options were moved.

Can't wait for more updates.
Thanks.

My specs
Redmi Note 10.
Check My Profile For Tested Games(Bio Section)
Testing multiplayer - MGS PW - God Eater - Dbz

Contact me on Twitter @BradEDias for help with ppsspp
10-26-2021, 10:27 AM
(10-06-2021 06:50 PM)Henrik Wrote:  Finally a new release! PPSSPP now supports Android 12 and the new Android storage model, "Scoped Storage". For more details on what that means, see this guide.

As usual, the Android version will be rolled out gradually, you'll see it in the Play Store within a week.

In addition to fully supporting Android 12, PPSSPP 1.12 includes a lot of bugfixes and new features. From new UI background options to a lot of game fixes, and for those of you adventurous enough to try the experimental multiplayer support, it works better than ever. Thanks to all the contributors who made this all possible!

The list is way too long to display here in full this time, but here's an assortment of improvements since 1.11:

* Support for Android 12 Scoped Storage
* Lots of updated UI, like a new joystick calibration system and many new touch control options, new backgrounds
* Built-in CRC calculator, to be able to check with others that your ISO is valid
* Many, many multiplayer fixes
* Numerous game fixes
* Savestate Undo for both load and save
* Many graphical glitches fixed, and new texture filtering option Auto Max Quality for smooth texturing
* New audio options, like choose whether to switch to newly plugged in devices, reverb volume, etc
* And much more!

Go to https://www.ppsspp.org for the download as usual, or get it on the Play Store as it rolls out.

The first being slow save states;It takes 6 seconds to save state when it usually takes 2 seconds.