Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Game breaking ERROR w/Sims 2 ROM
08-21-2021, 03:00 AM
Game breaking ERROR w/Sims 2 ROM
Hey folks,

First time posting, so I'm terribly sorry if this is in the wrong place; I searched for this topic and couldn't find anything here, only on github (which didn't solve my problem), but then again I've been known to be a little blind. Confused

Anyway, I'm encountering an issue when using PPSSPP to play the Sims 2. When I get to the 'summoning Beelzebeef' scene, the emulator freezes, making a repetitive 'pt pt pt pt' sound, and displays THIS code in the log.

"user_main E[CPU]: Core\Core.cpp:475 BREAK!"

I am running the current Windows build, 1.11.3, and can link the ROM I'm using if necessary as well.

Any input is appreciated; I'd like to finish my playthru. Thanks much.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-02-2021, 01:01 AM
RE: Game breaking ERROR w/Sims 2 ROM
(08-26-2021 02:40 AM)hiqafixu Wrote:  hi,
github gives the correct advice.
did you follow it exactly?

Hey there,

Following the github thread was difficult for me to understand because I'm unfortunately not well versed in code, so to be completely honest, I'm not sure if I did follow the github thread to the exact or not, but I definitely tried all that I knew how to try before coming here to ask for help.

I tried even reverting to a few previous builds that had addressed this issue (it seems like its happening randomly after updates maybe?) but none of those worked, either.
03-27-2023, 07:24 AM
RE: Game breaking ERROR w/Sims 2 ROM
I am also facing exact same issue. Is your issue resloved?