Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Edit system font from flash0 folder
02-04-2022, 07:07 PM (This post was last modified: 02-06-2022 06:45 PM by kev121pl.)
Heart Edit system font from flash0 folder
I warmly welcome. I have been translating translating game Lunar: Silver Star Harmony into my origin language (Polish), which has specific characters. The game uses the XMB font, which is the one contained in the flash0 folder in the case of the PPSSPP emulator, so I would like to ask if there is any way to modify it? Huh I tried editing pgf files myself but to no avail.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-06-2022, 05:03 AM
RE: Edit system font from flash0 folder
If there are letters not including in the font, or spacing issues, then the best way in a translation is to create a new PGF.

There are tools like ttf2pgf to create PGFs. You'll end up needing to add the file to the ISO and to patch the EBOOT to use it.

It would be possible to add files to the PGF in flash0, but then your translation would only possibly work in PPSSPP.

-[Unknown]
02-06-2022, 12:41 PM
I tried to convert a TTF font to PGF (using TTF2PGF specifically), but I had a problem with matching. Undecided
02-08-2022, 03:22 AM
If you mean matching as far as it looking good, that is tricky. I had created this tool to allow for editing a font (it was quickly hacked together, just drag a pgf in):
https://ppsspp-font.netlify.app/

If you mean matching as far as the sceFont call, I'd recommend changing the game code to specifically load your file and not try to use an optimum match to any parameters.

-[Unknown]
02-09-2022, 06:25 PM
(02-08-2022 03:22 AM)[Unknown] Wrote:  If you mean matching as far as it looking good, that is tricky. I had created this tool to allow for editing a font (it was quickly hacked together, just drag a pgf in):
https://ppsspp-font.netlify.app/

If you mean matching as far as the sceFont call, I'd recommend changing the game code to specifically load your file and not try to use an optimum match to any parameters.

-[Unknown]

Thank you very much for your online tool! Thanks to it I was able to add Polish characters without any problem. Big Grin