Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Mana Khemia Student Alliance, Can't Load Game, Keep Crashing
02-02-2021, 12:06 AM
Exclamation Mana Khemia Student Alliance, Can't Load Game, Keep Crashing
Just like what I typed on title, I needed help, I want to get nostalgia by playing Mana Khemia : Student Alliance on PPSSPP, but every time I open it the game just black screen then poof my PPSSPP forced close, I tried playing other game but there's no problem at all... I got similar problem with Harvestmoon Innocent life before but I fixed it thanks to internet and youtube videos, but I can't seem to fix this Mana Khemia problem, Is there any solution for this? or any setting needed specially for this game?

I attached 1 picture when I open the game, after that the screen instantly went black and force closed it Sad
maybe it can't handle the load screen ( there's an video playing when opening the game )

please help I want to taste the nostalgia back
and do recommend me similar game like this haha thanks Big Grin

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-06-2021, 03:30 AM
RE: Mana Khemia Student Alliance, Can't Load Game, Keep Crashing
Are you sure the disc is good?

For me, Mana Khemia works fine with default settings, though I'm using the latest git build (you're using a fairly old version, v1.8.0.) I'm using a US release of Mana Khemia which I purchased and pulled directly using my PSP.

As for similar games:
- There's of course a sequel, but the English one is PS2 only. I think the PS2 version was better anyway.
- The Dusk subseries is at least similar in some ways, and it's in the same overall Atelier series. The Vita versions are better here.
- There's also the Atelier Iris subseries (PS2, came before Mana Khemia) which are fairly similar (but I think Mana Khemia is better than all of them.)
- On the PSP, it really depends on what you liked about it. Anything from Trails in the Sky, Lunar, Crimson Gem Saga, Hexyz Force, or several others might be good to look into.

-[Unknown]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply