Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
PPSSPP on Galaxy Note 2
11-30-2012, 10:16 PM (This post was last modified: 11-30-2012 10:24 PM by A_for_Anonymous.)
PPSSPP on Galaxy Note 2
Thanks so much for creating this emulator. I can provide information regarding PPSSPP 0.31 on my Note 2.
  • The menu system works perfectly and in full resolution. It's a bit tricky to hit files and directories in the file chooser but I don't know if this is specific to this phone.
  • Games and the virtual controls and are shown in a portion of the screen only, in the lower-left corner.
  • While the touch controls are shown in a portion of the screen, they are activated by touching the whole width of the screen as if the game was full-screen. This means the D-Pad is mostly correct, but the start and select buttons are a bit off and the buttons are displaced quite a bit — you have to touch the bottom-right corner to activate them even though they show up elsewhere.
  • Puzzle Quest works.
  • Loco Roco boots up, shows the country selection, then nothing.

Edit: I'm attaching a screenshot of the Loco Roco menu with a comment drawn on top of it.

If there's anything else you'd like me to try just let me know, and thanks again.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-30-2012, 10:42 PM
RE: PPSSPP on Galaxy Note 2
Thanks for the report! This size problem should be fixed in the next version, which will be released soon.
12-01-2012, 09:04 AM
isn't that version 0.3?
I thought it was fixed for me after I installed version 0.31 from the downloads section of the website(play store wasn't updated yet at the time)
12-01-2012, 10:17 AM
I've release 0.4 now, let me know if it works for you now.
12-01-2012, 01:42 PM
0.4 working fine in the note 2 + the impossible game seem to work even better, really good work.
07-15-2014, 11:02 PM
Does ppsspp 9.8(newest) works well on note 2? Im planing to buy note 2 or s3(only if my saving is not enough)
07-16-2014, 03:24 PM
Im using a Note 2, 60fps game like GoW,GvsG kinda slow even with frameskip but 30fps game work well
07-16-2014, 07:07 PM (This post was last modified: 07-16-2014 07:15 PM by theENTER.)
Thanks for reply...but what about other games? And speed? 90-100% like my s4 mini?..i

For s4 mini, 30 is max fps while playing naruto and others (with same speed i mentioned above but i didnt tried GoW yet), both fps and speed are stable at most times, but there is seldomly fps/speed drop due to laggy software this also affect other games like subway and other emulator games...thats why i wanted buy note 2
07-17-2014, 02:44 AM
i only play dissidia 12, dragonball tenkaichi tag team and god eater busrt on my phone, 100% speed most of the time.
sorry for bad english
07-18-2014, 03:10 AM (This post was last modified: 07-18-2014 03:32 AM by theENTER.)
@DarkGod2012 Thank you for reply(well im also pretty bad on english though)... i was able to confirm that both s3 or note 2 runs better than my s4 mini(so long those mobile dont have software lag as mine...) i also read comments of others and also watched youtube videos...though im still enjoying ppsspp on my current phone

then it confirmed that ppsspp works best on mali devices...for now....XD